Hernia?

Karen B.
on 10/18/04 11:37 am - Marshall, MN
Hi! I had my surgery on July 26th and had my 3 month (close to 3 month!) appt last week. At the appt, Dr. checked for hernia, and although he said a little early to tell for sure, has reason enough to mention that I could possible have a hernia. He said that they can't do anything about it for 2 yrs anyway, and to go ahead and resume daily activities as usual. I have a very physical job...he knows this, and guess this is okay? I have also been given the green light to continue on with the strength training at my fitness ctr. at this same appt....the training I had put in place a few months before surgery and could not start again until they said. So, I can use the weight machines with a hernia? I can feel this thing...and told him that before he checked for it, I had planned to ask him why I feel this very slight twinge of pain in that exact same place. I trust my surgeon and will follow his orders, just sort of seems odd to me that if you have a hernia you are okay to lift weights, etc... Also, I should mention that when he did my open rny, they stumbled across an umbilical hernia I never even knew I had and repaired it. He said it would be hard to know right now if it is a recurrance of the same hernia or a new one that came about just after surgery. Anyone with any experience or input with post op hernias? Thanks! karen
kknute
on 10/20/04 6:39 am - COTTONWOOD, MN
Karen-- can't help you out-- was just wondering how you were doing besides the hernia??? kathy
Gale P.
on 10/20/04 8:23 am - Salisbury, MD
hi karen i have a hernia also. it popped out within the 1st month. mine is huge. i actually look pregnant. i had my 3 month visit today and asked about restrictions and he gave me none except that when i start working out not to do ab exercises. he wants to wait till i've lost within 10lbs or so of my goal weight and at that time do the hernia repair and a tummy tuck. this way insurance will pay for the tummy tuc****il then i'm loosing all over except in front. i'm not experiencing any pain from the hernia except in bed. when i roll over or try to get out of bed there is a little discomfort. good luck gale -60
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views