My boss can be sucha jerk sometimes...

Vivi *.
on 10/18/04 2:46 am - clermont, FL
Today I woke up and realized that I had lost 3 pds. over the weekend!! That was great, I was on cloud 9!!! Couldn't be happier. When I came in to work, I got a call from my boss letting me know that I had misspelled a word in the Letter of Interest I had sent to a client (Major Government Entity), and that we would probably not get the job because of ME. He said he "wanted to get to the bottom of it and that I needed to explain to him how such thing happened." (!!???) Well, he did not stop there, why should he, right?! He brought it up in a meeting (in which I was not present/invited but could overhear from my desk), publicly humiliated me in front of the entire staff! Please note: I have been trying to get transferred to the business development branch, where they do nothing but proposals, and the branch manager was at the meeting who will now (probably) not hire me. What makes me really mad, is that I spoke to others, who have a lot of experience in this industry, they said that a misspelling does not make or brake the job, what brakes the job is "who the project manager is" and my boss was just using me as a escape goat; once he would never admit that he was not the right person to be in that organizational chart presented to begin with... In this business we have to be accurate, I know, and I take full responsibility for it. But did he have to be such a jerk? AAGGHHH I wish I could just quit. Thanks for letting me vent. Flavia 223/180.5/115
Heather M.
on 10/18/04 3:52 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
First YEA on the 3 lbs!!!!! I had been stuck for 3 weeks then over this past weekend I lost 4 lbs. What a feeling. Now as for your boss. I am drawing a total blank on the job title. But most large companies have a dept. that handles things such as sexual harassment, etc. I would go to them and say hey this guy is acting in a very unprofessional matter and has attempted to publically humiliate me. I feel that his actions were bordering on harassment and feel that I am owed an apoligy and his behavior needs to be brought to his attention. If he comes to you wanting to know why you didn't come to him first about it then tell him in his meeting he didn't consider you much. Anyhow, What a JERK!!!! This is driving me nuts trying to think of the job title. This is what happens to your brain when you do child care at home for 3 years. My professional business brain has left me and now I am an expert on such things and "The Wiggles", "Blues Clues" and "Dora". Good Luck, Heather
Vivi *.
on 10/18/04 4:43 am - clermont, FL
Thx, Heather, I too feel that he is being unfair, but harrassment does not stick to him unless I can prove that he did this in a malicious way to prevent me to get a promotion and or pay raise. Plus, he is the "untouchable" Vice President, not lots of people in this company that would like to go against him. Furthermore, I have a few lunch meetings with him next week and a new project I am supposed to work with him directly. So I don't really wanna rock the boat right now... But I'm already looking else where... I wish I could just get up and quit! But as a single mom, I need the $!! Flavia 223/180.5/115 Open RNY 07/27/04
nocticula
on 10/18/04 10:48 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 07/06/04 with
#1 Congrats on the weight!!! #2 I think you work for the guy I used to work for. Oh how I hated him! Now I take care of 2 bosses who are 3 1/2 and 2. I wonder who's worse sometimes ;) #3 Please don't hate me, but your use of the spelling of "brake" is used most commonly for vehicle brakes. I believe you should have used "break" instead, which would have been the descriptive word you were looking for. #4 Please don't hate me again. I just wanted to correct your use of "scapegoat", so you know it for future reference. Main Entry: 1scape·goat Pronunciation: 'skAp-"gOt Function: noun Etymology: 1scape; intended as translation of Hebrew 'azAzEl (probably name of a demon), as if 'Ez 'OzEl goat that departs--Leviticus 16:8 (AV) 1 : a goat upon whose head are symbolically placed the sins of the people after which he is sent into the wilderness in the biblical ceremony for Yom Kippur 2 a : one that bears the blame for others b : one that is the object of irrational hostility Just trying to help you out in the future. If you have internet access at work, the Merriam-Webster website is a huge help
Vivi *.
on 10/18/04 11:56 pm - clermont, FL
Thx Carolyn, I run around with 4 sets of grammar in my head: Portuguese, Spani****alian and English. Please note I started speaking English when I was 19 years old already (I'm 30), and my accent is hardly ever noticed (I worked really hard with a speech therapist.) The misspelling in the professional LOI, I caught. But, somehow after I corrected it, the file did not take... It was a fluke. I am much more carefull on professional writting than on posting here to vent. So I think I am doing pretty good for what I do. I'm gonna add the Merrian-Webster to 'my favorites'. Flavia
nocticula
on 10/19/04 1:15 am - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 07/06/04 with
Yeah, I know where you are coming from. My posting leaves a lot to be desired, most of the time. And my husband is Puerto Rican and his first language is Spanish, so I see his mistakes too. He is getting better and he can laugh at me when I try to speak Spanish ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views