Tingling in Hands and Feet

sradcli74
on 10/18/04 12:40 am
Has anyone had this, I experienced it last night under the bottom of my feet and in the palms of my hands. Last week I read a story about Obesity surgery being linked to nerve damage - the link is below: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=165857 I am calling to make an appointment with my doctor.
joniliz2
on 10/18/04 1:01 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I have had a burning in my left back since about a month after surgery..sometimes it tingles...other times its a sharp pain. I have passed if off to gas. On my next doctors visit I will address this. Joanie
Gala G.
on 10/18/04 3:43 am - Middleton, WI
It is very important that your blood work/labs be checked every 3 months. I have had mine done monthly since my surgery because of health problems I have had. If your B-1 becomes low this is a common result/side affect of that. My B-1 is low and this is what my DR. told me could happen. So I would want to have it checked out. Gala
Shrinking-Violet
on 10/18/04 5:54 am - Maricopa, AZ
Teah: I had the hand tingling for several weeks when I was early post-op. It got so bad that it progressed to a sort of hand seizure that would last a few seconds and cause my entire hand to cramp/seize up. I also noticed that I got that tingling sensation from my feet "falling asleep" quite often during that time. I had lab work done and it turned out that I had severely low Potassium, and according to my surgeon was really close to having to go into the ER and get intravenous Potassium. But he put me on Potassium supplements instead & told me to blend a small banana into my protein shake every day. The supplements were a packet of powder that I mixed into 4 oz. of water and drank twice daily. The stuff tastes HORRIBLE but it really did work. Eventually my Potassium levels came up and the tingling went away. Ask your doctor to have your Potassium levels checked ;) Angela 229/188/140
sradcli74
on 10/18/04 6:11 am
Hi, I talked to my surgeon and I have an appointment with my PCP tommorrow to get my levels checked. As you stated my surgeon suggests a potassium deficiency. Teah
Towanda S.
on 10/18/04 7:28 am - Somewhere in, CT
Also have your doc check your B12 levels. Are you taking B12? Towanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits