Would you do it again?

Heather M.
on 10/18/04 10:32 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Jeff - you dissapeared on us again. LOL Good to see you back on the board. Now you just need to go in and fix those pictures on your profile. Anyhoo, don't sweat the plateau I finally broke a three week one. Heather
Towanda S.
on 10/17/04 9:58 am - Somewhere in, CT
Hi Nancy: While I have had my "learning curves"... I would do it again IN A NEW YORK MINUTE! My entire life has changed. I am now beginning to feel free from the burdens of morbid obesity and all that comes along with it. The onion is starting to peel and my authentic self is emerging! Towanda
cindy m.
on 10/17/04 10:24 am - Trenton, MO
YES.....I would defiently do this surgery again!!!! The first week or so was horrid!! After the GT And JT were removed and my head cleared from the meds things got continuously better. I do throw up and don't tolerate some foods well. One day I can eat something the next I can't (Things do go down better with sauces it seems.) I haven't dumped yet(Knock on wood!!) But I stay away from anything with over 6 grams of sugar!!! I don't want to know what dumping feels like!!! I defiently am more active!!! My blood sugars have gone down to the 90's, I stopped taking my diabetes meds. I feel sooooooo much better!!! Hugs ~Cindy~ 252/280/140ish
cindy m.
on 10/17/04 10:28 am - Trenton, MO
whoops i meant 352/280/140ish ........Cindy
cosette
on 10/17/04 11:18 am - Tujunga, CA
I have had moments in the past three months when I've thought, "No Way!" BUT...I have gone from a 26/28...sometimes 30 to an 18/20 on top and a 24...sometimes 26 on bottom. I have fit into jeans for the first time in I don't know how long. I'm 62 pounds down and I feel, dare I say it, sexy for the first time in I don't know how long. So, YES. I would have to say, I'd do it again!
bunnymorris
on 10/17/04 12:28 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
For me--the best thing I have ever done for myself! The whole experience has been good and easy to do for me but I do realize it has been a struggle for many. I respect Anne's answer to the question because it does validate that this surgery is individual and does present challenges for many. When folks ask me about it, I am careful to tell them to research, talk to others, etc. before making a decision. I waited two years until I did it. I am blessed and have done well. Anne, I hope it gets better for you and someday you might feel better. Respect for all you brave souls out there willing to take a step forward to better yourself! Bunny :wave" -55
kberkihiser
on 10/17/04 2:47 pm - Lancaster, PA
Yes, I would definately do this over if I had gone back in a time machine and had to make the decision again! I see all the things that were lining up to go wrong with my health and as I got older as a big person! If the heatlh issues would not have been convincing - The results have been - this weekend I went shopping In 3 months I went from size 28 pants to size 22 and 4x tops to 2 x tops, and I got a coat this weekend that is not an XXXXL, and XXXL, even a XXL ---- It is a normal XL!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT FITS!!!!!!!!! I did this on a romantic getaway with my hubby and I got a skimpy little number for him, and HE WAS WOWED! He could not believe how my smaller my bum got! Lets just say it set off a wonderful evening! I do not miss much in the way of food, I find I sample whatever I want and if I notice alot of stuff i used to like (especially sweets to which I was SOOOOO addicted) Just do not taste as good anymore!!! I did have an episode at Applebees the other night. My steak was medium and I think that inhibitied chewing properly and it got stuck, Here I am the first night of a romantic getaway with the hubby and chatting and he said it looked like someone slammed the breaks on me, I politetly excused myself, went in the bathroom and lost my steak. I did not attempt more steak, but I did eat some of my chicken and did fine. I have to say- The support I have from him is WONDERFUL! Always sweet, concerned, and so understanding! He planned this trip to the beach without the kids to celebrate my bday Loving Life! Kristy B 306/248/165
Debra O.
on 10/17/04 2:49 pm - Chino, CA
OMG Yes I would do it over again 50 times if I had to. I have to tell you all a little story. My brother was killed 4 years ago this coming Feb. In an accident on his job. Its been really hard without him. He was my baby brother. Only 31 yrs old. A tragic loss. My dad couldnt handle it. My dad was in poor health, diabetes, very high blood pressure. Well he had a very sever stroke 1 year to the date of my brothers death. He almost died, but now at 63 yrs old will spend the rest of his life in a rest home with no quality of life. I had (pre surgery) the same exact health issues as my dad. The Dr.'s were telling me that if i didnt do something soon to take 100 lbs off that withing 10-15 years there was a very good chance I could be in the same condition my dad is in. They scared me good! My mom cried when she heard this, and said she couldn't go through another loss of a child. I promised her I would do something, or at least try. Well this surgery was an answer to prayer for me. Im down 60lbs, im off all my meds, and I FEEL GREAT!!!!!! ~Debra
sradcli74
on 10/18/04 1:43 am
Simply Stated, Yes! I am better today as a result of the surgery. More energy, more active, more self esteem, I am living life instead of watching it pass me by. ShaunTeah -68
Debbie M.
on 10/18/04 6:10 am - Oak Park, CA
I'm still undecided..& won't know until further out. I need to see how many of the goals I set, that I thought were weight related, I achieve. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be loosing weight but there are other areas I'm thinking about. One of my goals was more energy but I'm soooo tired. I take my vitamins & generally think I'm getting the protein & liquids but not much else. Once I can increase the calories, I expect to have more energy. But more energy was one of the reasons for the surgery. I also still have aches that I originally contributed to weight but they haven't gone away yet. So I need to see what happens with those. I'm truely lucky to not have had any complications & for that I'm thankful. And, if the choice were either happy or not about the surgery, I'd say happy. But if anyone reads this, I want to be as honest as possible.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views