After 7 wks the SCALE HAS MOVED! Y-E-A-H!!!!!!

NadineM
on 10/15/04 7:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi All, I was just complaining last week I have been on a 7 week plateau. So I upped the cardio at the gym and upped the protein a bit and voila 3-4 more pounds came off!!! My hormones are all still a bit wacked out so maybe that was it?? I don't know and I don't care........Just so happy had to share!!!!!! Hugs, Nadine RNY 7/19/04 211/203/171/110?
JulesC
on 10/15/04 9:57 am - Spring Hill, TN
Congrats on the scale movement!!! I am on a little bit of a plateau right now too, trying to add more protein to get the scales to go down some more. Good luck with the rest of your journey!!! Jules
bunnymorris
on 10/15/04 12:05 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Yeah! I went on a plateau and thought I'd go crazy but the minute I upped the protein and started weights....I have lost 10 lbs. in 10days!!! I felt a little like I was melting! Anyway, went to the dr. and a few of my blood work items are off but not serious. I do have to take more iron (a tad anemic) and we're running the blood again in 2 months to see if my thyroid levels out--still pretty soon after surgery which messes things up. One thing--my blood sugar was 54 fasting (might account for the shaky feeling in the morning). But I feel so good. Those plateaus are horrible but they do pass. Hang tight, Bunny -55
brittypie
on 10/16/04 12:04 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Very Cool Nadine!!!! I happened to do the same thing in the last 2 weeks (minus the excercise..lol) and I am at about a 39 pound loss now. It is slow...but if you really really think about it...it's only October 16th and that's alot of weight in just 3.5 months! Protein really works!!!! Who knew??? LOL!!!! I am very excited and happy for you!!! Jeanne
Deejay
on 10/16/04 12:49 am - Sparks, NV
wow 7 weeks!! I think I'd go insane! I just went 6 days without it moving til just this morning and I wanted to scream!!! So happy its moving again for you!! Deejay 257/204/150 -53
IrishIze
on 10/16/04 2:10 am - NJ
I was on a plateau for about two weeks and I thought THAT was bad!! I'm glad you're finally losing again. I have made a real effort to keep the carbs low and the protein high, walk at least 2-3 miles a day and I am now averaging a 5 lbs. down a week. I'll keep doing it as long as it works!! Hugs, Nancy -61 277/216/150
Patima
on 10/16/04 11:19 pm - GA
Congratulations on getting off of a plateau! It has been 3 months and I don't know if I have been on one or not. I don't have a scale in the house! I am not obsessed with the numbers....I am just going by how great I feel! And I do feel great! The only time I get weighed is on my trips to the surgeon, which I have one tomorrow. Patti
samyrna
on 10/17/04 2:31 am - Sanford, MI
Hello Nadine. I had my WLS July 13 2004 so we are very close in time. I stopped looseing also. and it upset me, but they tell me not to worry. and increase the protein, and it will start to come off again, I'm still waiting. LOL I have lost 45 lbs. But this is what i like, 8 in off my hips, and 5 in. off my waist, . Now that makes me feel good. My weight was 262 the day of surgery, Hang in there Nadine, Myrna
JulieSM
on 10/17/04 9:56 am - Hesperia, CA
Wowza, I am sooooo happy for you! I am on a week one, and I'm getting pretty upset, although I do know during this time inches are coming off, as I measured, but please do tell how did you dealt with it?
Debbie M.
on 10/18/04 6:57 am - Oak Park, CA
SO glad you posted this! I'm on week 4 with no loss & feeling like a failure (how'd I mess this up?!?!?). From everyone's response I know I need to up my protein. Thanks to everyone that replied to this! Debbie Then:255/Now: 205/Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views