HAIRLOSS HELP!!!

brandnewmw30
on 10/15/04 3:10 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Hello July Babies! Everyone should have or are about to approach their 3rd month post. I hope everyone is doing well. I've lost a little over 50 lbs, but it seems as if I'm loosing a lot more inches. I stared at a size 26 and now I can fit in an eighteen. I guess being 5'11 has it's advatages. I was wondering if anyone has experiencd hairloss and if so, Is ther anything to slow it down or stop it? Teneaha 316/265
ileanak
on 10/15/04 4:39 am - San Antonio, TX
I am losing hair, and have been for a month, now. I just try to make sure I get all my protein and vitamis in. I have been told that the better i am at it, the less hair I will lose. I hope this stage ends soon, though! Good luck to you! Ileana 282/229.8/150
IrishIze
on 10/15/04 5:31 am - NJ
I've been noticing a few stands lying here and there that were never there before!! I have started taking Biotin, which is supposed to help with hair loss. Hugs, Nancy -58
Ann M.
on 10/15/04 8:38 am - Norwich, CT
I have been wiping up more hair from the drain. I'm taking my multivit and B12. The doctor said that not much more helps to reduce the loss. The good thing is, he says that when the hair comes back, it comes back BETTER than it was before! Ann 68lbs GONE!
SpyderS
on 10/15/04 10:18 am - Swedesboro, NJ
2 months before surgery, and to this day, I drink no less than 80 grams of protein a day, that's in addition to what I get in my food. I hate the stuff, but I love my hair more than I hate the stuff. My hair is a thick as ever, and it is getting curly! No hair loss at all. All of the things I read about hair loss before surgery said that taking in at least 60 grams of protein a day was absoloutly necessary to help avoid hair loss. I smiled lots of time when I heard new post ops saying that they couldn't stand protein no matter what... that the taste made them pull their hair out. LOL.. no need to do that... just wait a month or so. No protein, no hair. Spyder 357/296/257 by Xmas -61
Debra O.
on 10/15/04 2:03 pm - Chino, CA
Well I have to say that I get over 80 grams of protien a day, I take biotin, and I've been using nioxin shampoo since before surgery and my hair is falling out in gobs. i have definate bald spots. So I guess protien isnt the answer for everyone!
DramaQueenJessica
on 10/16/04 10:53 pm - Wayland, MA
The reason why we lose our hair isnt because of lack of protein.. its from the anesthesia. Last year, I had my tubes tied, guess what? My hair fell out. It doesnt last forever, and before you know it.. it grows back in. This isnt a side effect that happens to everyone.
SpyderS
on 10/16/04 11:48 pm - Swedesboro, NJ
I have to differ. Loosing your hair after weight loss and lack of protein does NOT happen right away. It takes about 2-3 months for the effects to show in your hair brush. I had anesthesia, 3 timies in my life, and I have all my hair. There are several factors that play into hair loss after WLS. One very big one is the sudden lack of protein. Another can be the anesthesia, and yet another can be sudden weight loss. Your nails can get ridges in them to. It is a sign of a sudden systematic (SP?) change going on. I did everything I could before surgery to prevent this. Taking in protein pre-surgery, and doubling up on vits and minerals. Spyder 357/295 -62
DramaQueenJessica
on 10/17/04 12:01 am - Wayland, MA
You were one of the people that anesthesia does NOT effect. The only side effect from this surgery that Im having is hair loss... I attribute that to the anesthesia, since its happened to me before. Hair does grow back.. mine did.. and it is. I notice little baby hairs sticking up all over the place.
SpyderS
on 10/17/04 12:08 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Gezze... you're making me feel bad for not loosing my hair! S
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits