FOOD

wlwav
on 10/14/04 9:33 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi everyone, Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to eat? I am eating eggs, tuna fish, pudding, sugar free ice cream, cottage cheese, meatballs, chicken. I am 3 months out of surgery and unsure of things we are allowed to eat. And drinks? That is another problem, I am getting tired of drinking Crystal Light and diet V8 any other suggestions??? Thanks all.
Vivi *.
on 10/14/04 11:52 am - clermont, FL
The wok is my best friend, I add just a touch of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and a little ginger. then I stir fry my protein, and remove it from the wok, add onions, garlic, let is brown a little, then I add either brocolli, or couliflower. Some times I use snow peas, MY ALL TIME FAV., but they have too many natural starches and sugar... So I try not to do it too often. Once the veggies are at the consistency I like, crisp and hot, I add a touch of soy sauce, and add the protein, heat it all up and the dish is ready! Now that I eat so little, I can splurge on expensive cuts of meat and sea food. I also like grilled tilapia with green onions, garlic & parsley, and brown rice, or wheat pasta. I don't drink crystal light during the week, only on weekends. It is my treat to myslef, once I can no longer have soda... Water and frui****er(I think the name is H2O fruit drink) are my friends all the time, although I am still to be able to get 64 oz in one day! I had beef jerkey for the first time today (in my life.) Boy!! Is that salty, or what?! Tough too! I eat strawberries, oranges or peaches every day. I also bought the low carb yogurts, they are pretty good, but they do not stay with me long... That's also why I cannot do the protein shakes, 45 minutes later I'm hungry again!?!??!!! So I open my calcium pills and add them to my yogurt, gives it a little more"body"! Hope I helped more than I rambled. Flavia Flavia
Vivi *.
on 10/14/04 11:54 am - clermont, FL
I also have low carb bread toasted with cream cheese and a little shaved slice of ham on it. 7 gr. of carbs on the slice or bread, but I don't eat the crust, so I only count 6!
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/04 2:27 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
By now, you should be able to tolerate most foods. Some foods are supposed to wait until six months out to be introduced, like corn (I've had a couple of bites), grapes (I've eaten a few), steak (haven't tried it), pork, and liver (ICK!). As for drinks...you can have iced tea (decaff is a better choice, but I'm allowed caffeine now), SF Kool-Aide, milk, and juice. I also drink Gatorade on occasion because it doesn't make me dump (I guess I don't drink it fast enough), and I've had a couple of diet sodas (usually flat or tiny sips). I recommend checking out these websites. You can search for recipes which will help make your menu more interesting. Just last night, I made chicken teryiaki for dinner from one of these sites, and the family LOVED it! If you think about it, all fresh foods and meats should be our staple diet...it's what you do with the foods that makes it interesting! atkins.com meals.com foodtv.com Happy cooking! Pamela -52
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views