Yikes! Constipation

Shelly H C.
on 10/14/04 11:36 pm - New Castle, DE
I had the same problem in the beginning. My Dr. had me on Colace and I took 2 a day. Now I have increased my water and I eat 1 apple a day and it helps a lot. I no longer take the Colace and I am now able to go about 2 times a day with better ease. This works for me, I am not sure how it will work for others. ~Shelly
Bunny54
on 10/18/04 3:29 am - Anaheim, CA
Hi Angela, sorry for the delay in posting but I have had the same problem and i found some chewable fiber tablets at walmart..they are called Fiber Choice. I have been chewing about 4 tablets per day...they are not bad tasting and they do not swell up in your stomach and are low in carbs. They have worked WONDERFULLY!.. you might give them a try... try for a few days and it should get you back to regularity! Leah F.
Debbie M.
on 10/18/04 9:52 am - Oak Park, CA
My latest effort is Raisin Bran w/Soy Milk...Hope it helps! D
msknow
on 10/19/04 2:25 am - Deerfield Beach, FL
I thought we were only supposed to go about every 3-4 days. I have had constipation, but even when I don't, I only have a BM every 3-4 days. I just don't eat enough to go anymore often. Laura
Angie S
on 10/26/04 6:04 pm - Cody, WY
Angela, Hi, I know you posted this almost 2 weeks ago, but I wanted to offer my remedy! I actually do 2 things. I try to drink a cup and 1/2 of decaf coffee every morning at work and after the 1/2 things get moving. There are times that I do not drink the coffee. But when I don't and things get to hurting I use a fleet suppository. It get things moving within 15 minutes for me. No nasty stuff to drink and almost instant relief. I don't worry too much if it has been less than 2 days, but if I go 3 or if I start getting any type of pain from the constipation I use one. My surgeon said they were fine to use. You might want to call your doctor to double check. I personally cannot drink anything that smells bad. Makes me nauseous! Hope this helps! Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views