Scars?

alli E.
on 10/13/04 3:28 pm - CA
Hey there! How many of you still have "pink/redish" little scars?? i had lap 3 months ago and they are still there and a bit raised... How do urs look???????????????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Heather M.
on 10/13/04 10:11 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
I've got one scar in the middle of my abdomin that is just under 5 inches long. It is still pink/redish and raised (mainly just at the top) but then again I just healed up completely a few weeks ago. Due to my skin type I'm prone to Keloids and dark scars so I was going to look at some of those scar thearpy things to try and lighten it. For the most part I'm very impressed with my scar. If I do any cosmetic surgery down the road I will probably have them try and cut it out to make it smaller. Heather
Vivi *.
on 10/13/04 11:10 pm - clermont, FL
Heather, my scar is about 3-4 inches, raised, red and I hate it!!! I too tend to have keloids, what kind of therapy are you talking about? if you have any info, could you please send it to me!? Flavia
Heather M.
on 10/13/04 11:57 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Flavia, Nothing perscription. I was going to try some of the stuff that's with the Band-Aid's and things. I'm willing to try anthing. I have a scar on my right knee from a previous surgery. It has pretty much faded except when it gets cold then it turns bright purple/red. It's pretty wide so it looks really funny. If I can avoid this scar doing that it would be nice. Oh well, I'd rather have this scar all red and raised than be as big as I was. Heather
nocticula
on 10/13/04 11:32 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 07/06/04 with
Mine are still dark pink and raised a little. I have faith that they will look better with time, you can barely tell I had 2 c-sections
Ann M.
on 10/13/04 11:38 pm - Norwich, CT
My scar is about six inches long and it is pinkish-brown colored. One small raised area. You can also still see where all the staples were. I also have a scar on my side from the drain. The scar on my neck from the central line is invisible now. I heal very well and anticipate that in a year you won't be able to make out the surgical scars.
SpyderS
on 10/14/04 5:07 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi surgery sister, Mine sound just like yours. At the very top of the incesion, the line is a little wider... liek it streched or something. I didn't have any complications with it though. Spyder -61
Deejay
on 10/14/04 5:14 am - Sparks, NV
I had lap too and have 5 scars, they are all still redish pink and my dr told me it would be 6 mos to a year before the redish is gone.
IrishIze
on 10/14/04 6:00 am - NJ
I had open and my scar is about 5" and pretty red and UGLY. It is raised almost the entire length and I hope it starts to fade a bit one of these days..... Hugs, Nancy -58
lily K.
on 10/14/04 11:17 am - brockton, MA
dear alice i had lap RNY and have 5 barely noticable scars, i have been taking about 4 oz of oj that i add some powdered vitamin c to(got the vitamin c at GNC)when i take my iron pill. i figured the vitamin c would help me heal. i also bought some scar cream at a local walmart and have been using twice a day since about 4 weeks out. my scars are not raised and are a light pink. i hope all but the largest on the left will be gone within the year. lilykate
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views