Help with exercise.....what are you doing???

on my W.
on 10/13/04 7:59 am - Canada
Hello everyone, I will be 3 months on the 21st of October and am 59 pounds down now so likely over 60 by then. The problem is exercise. I have a treadmill in my room with a tv right in front of it...plus I have a gym membership but I just can't get in the groove. What is everyone else doing at this point? Maybe you can all guilt me in to it. I work and have 3 young kids and a home and hubby...I am active but it is this exercise thing that I just hate yet I remember when I used to do it there was a point that I would miss it if I skipped a day...that sure isn't the case now. Love to hear from you all. Karen.
Deejay
on 10/13/04 9:32 am - Sparks, NV
I go to Curves 4-5 days a week and I absolutely love it. Once you start doing it, you just feel so good about yourself and so accomplished, I'm completely addicted now. I have 3yr old triplets and a hubby too, but I make sure that I MAKE time for my half hour workout at Curves.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/13/04 10:18 am - Oxnard, CA
I go to Curves as well. I havent been able to workout this week because of my knee, but it is great!!!
Lalocaweta
on 10/13/04 1:11 pm - Spicewood, TX
Karen: If someone can guilt you into it - come guilt me into it. I am 3 months on October 15h and down about 62 pounds...And I have exercised all of 2 times since I had surgery - I have made some little changes in my life - like no longer riding elevators - parking at far end of parking lot - walking the halls of the high school I work at at least once an hour...But no exercise routine and no desire to establish one. I know I need to - but just the time does not exist.... Anne
C J.
on 10/13/04 2:04 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Okay...just remember you asked for it So just what the he!! do you think you are doing? Why aren't you geting off your a$$ and moving it? You spend ovr 50,000 dollars on a surgery. 50,000 that could have spent on someone and you won't make the effort the exercise? There are people who are literally dying while trying to save enough money for this surgery and you won't exercise? Get of you butt and move! What do you mean you don't have time???? You had time to have the surgery, didn't you???/ You have time to wtch TV don't you??? or talk on the phone??? No excuses..get your butt in gear! Put yourself first for a change! OK, thats al the guilt and a$$ kicking I've got in me tonight. Hope it helps. Hugs CJ
joniliz2
on 10/13/04 9:44 pm - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Its a pain to find time to exercise. I have a great motivator...a neighbor who weighs 100 lbs! She calls me everyday to walk..and we even make plans on what time will be good to walk the next day. I start out dreading it..and when I am doing it and we are talking it goes by quickly. We have increased our speed and recently increased our route! We walk three miles a day now! Ask for help find a friend or neighbor that will walk with you. Its great for you psychological health as well! I have a treadmill colllecting dust in my family room...I hate that thing..it soo borning and unmotivating! Good Luck I hope you make a conscious effort to add some exercise..I am sure this is the keay to keeping the weight off once we get to goal. You are doing great by the way...Just start moving! My best- Joanie
Vivi *.
on 10/13/04 11:28 pm - clermont, FL
First of all, guilt may take u to start exercising, but it will not keep yOu exercising. NO ONE, hates exercise more than I do, or DID for that matter! But, we all know how powerful our minds are, so I meditate and tell myself I LOVE to exercise, that makes me get my butt out there and walk! When I am walking I say to myself "What a great exercise, I love this" Did I really love it in the beggining? HELL NO! But, I changed my mind frame. I even bring weights with me so I can tone my arms while I walk, I am only up to 1.5 miles at the time, but that's better than nothing. I make no excuses, and just go for a walk after dinner. So the dishes are gonna be ditry tonight, so what? are they more important than the size of your rear end? I am a single mom, go to college full time, I work full time, and have a house that needs to be clean as well. Hon, there IS time, we just don't wanna do it, trust me, take it from the lazyest fat girl that's ever walked the earth= ME! If I can do it, anyone can do it! YOUR MIND IS YOUR POWER, USE IT FOR YOUR ADVANTAGE, OR IT WILL USE U!! CHANGE YOUR MINDA FRAME, CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ON WALKING/EXCERSISE. START SLOW (EVEN 5 MINUTES HELP) AND BUILD UP FROM THERE, SO YOU DON'T START HARD, AND HATE IT. LITTLE STROLS BUILD INTO FULL WORKOUTS. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT, AND I KNOW U WILL DO IT! JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN, OK!!!??? I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, GOOD LUCK!! FLAVIA
SpyderS
on 10/14/04 5:17 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Egads... did I post this again. OPPS... nope someone else feels liek me to. It is a comfort to know there are others like yourself out there. I joined the Y a few weeks ago after doing NOTHING at all. I HATE to excerise. Maybe when I loose more weght, but I'd rather be sticking pins in my eyeballs. I also bought a Nordic Track treadmill that sits in the dinning room --- no wait --- that's not right... it does not just sit in the dinning room, IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE DINNING ROOM! I have walked on it a half dozen times and no more than for 5 minutes. I hate to walk. But like I said about the Y, I do go there and swim for about 90 minutes 3 times a week. I like to swim, and I am WEIGHTLESS in the water. Ain't that nice. Guilt won't work. But how about thinking about smaller jeans? I went from a 30/32, into a 26/28 now, and just ordered 2 pair of 24's from Lane Bryant (they were on sale for 9.99). Give it a try! Spyder -61
NadineM
on 10/15/04 7:40 am - Vancouver, WA
Well these are the things that keep me motivated to work out! 1.) My scale had not moved in 6 weeks 2.) I am 30 pounds behind most of you, even though I am considered a lightweight (You all keep me motivated, I am trying to catch up to you all ) 3.) My family keeps calling me "skinny" even though I am bigger than all of them still. 4.) People who haven't seen me in quite awhile say "WOW YOU LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT"! These things make me feel so good, and keep me motivated that I keep remembering the purpose of having this surgery. I feel so much better in clothing, and in public, this has raised my confidance and that keeps me going....Best of luck! GET GOING GIRLFRIEND!!! Hugs, Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views