3 months and down 57, where are you guys?

Margaret F.
on 10/11/04 12:10 am - (7-07-04)
On the 7th it was 3 mos. for me and I'm down 57 lbs. I'm happy but wi**** was more. I have found I can eat more, so I'm going back to weighing my food. I know I have been eating too much and in between meals. No good!! I have to get back on track or this whole thing was for nothing. You only have 12-18 mo. window that's it!! The first 8mos are crucial to get off most of the weight. Then the following mo. it slowly comes off. Must get focused Work out more and quit eating out!! Take care everyone. love, margaret
sradcli74
on 10/11/04 2:05 am
Hey Margaret Congrats on the loss! I weigh my food throughout the week and on Sundays, but saturday I give myself a chance to unwind and relax and I eyeball my portions. I found that this helps me to stay focused, and it spices up the routineness of always having to measure. Good Luck to you.
IrishIze
on 10/11/04 2:08 am - NJ
On the 19th it will be three months for me. I am down 57 lbs. I have had a lot of problems - a stricture and an ulcer. I still have problems eating, so I guess I get a bit jealous of others who can eat easily. I am just starting to be able to eat little bits of chicken or tuna - not much. I never thought I'd say it, but thank goodness for protein shakes!! I am trying to walk 3-4 miles a day, split over two walks, but with the cold and bad weather coming, I'm thinking of joining Curves or a gym. We're all learning this new way of life, and it sounds like you know where you're doing well and where you need to improve, so you go girl!! Hugs, Nancy -57
njcutie
on 10/12/04 9:33 am - Brick, NJ
Congrats on the 57 down. I feel the same way you do, today is my 3 month post op and I am down 55 lbs. wi**** would go faster as well. keep up the great work.....
Sue G.
on 10/12/04 11:52 am - Aurora, NE
I'll be 12 wks post-op tomorrow. I have found I can eat more also so I have started measuring and weighing everything also. I also am restricting carbs and sticking mostly with my proteins. I have also kicked up my walking a little. I stalled for a week at 37lbs lost and once I started doing this I lost the 3 lbs for a total of 40. I'm losing it slowly but as long as it's coming off that's fine. I have a friend who had surgery two years ago and still loses a pound here and there. Eating out is a challenge but most restaurants have some sort of grilled chicken and I order the sandwich with out the bread and mashed potatoes (no gravy) and eat what I think is 3 oz . then ask for a box to take the rest home. I also notice I seem to lose inches before scale weight (the scale hates me) but your doing great 57lbs is a lot in 3 mos just think in another 3 months u could be down 100+ at this rate !!! ... Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views