75 pounds and 95 "fat clothes" gone forever!

jcordell
on 10/10/04 12:22 pm - TX
Man, years of yo-yo dieting certainly results in ALOT of clothes! I went through every piece of clothing I own today, and am donating 95 items (this doesn't include stuff I just threw out). Donated Pants sizes: 54, 52, 50, some 48 waist. I am now wearing a baggy 48 or kinda snug 46. I still have pants all the way down to 40 waist just waiting for me to lose more weight! Shirt sizes: 4X, 3X some 2X. I now wear a baggy 3X or perfect 2X. I still have shirts all the way down to L, which I hope to be in by the first of the year. For those of you that haven't done this yet, let me just say it feels soooo good! In the past, I'd lose weight and do this same thing, but instead of donating the items, I'd box and seal them and store them...the self-fulfilling prophecy that the weight would be back. Now these things are GONE FOREVER, just like my weight!!! Yee Haa! Take care, everyone! Have a GREAT week!!! Jeff -75
bunnymorris
on 10/10/04 12:48 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Jeff, I did that and it was very liberating! I gave my clothes to the women's shelter. I figured it was bad enough for a woman to go to a shelter but to find out they don't have clothes big enough for you.....self esteem in the dumpster. I only kept a few shirts to exercise in but they are falling off so............. I think cleaning out the closet is the best therpy you can do for yourself. I also keep one article I want to fit into (I try it on once in awhile to check) and one article from the beginning to show myself how much I've lost. Hope you have several more parties in your closet before it's all over! Way to go! Bunny -53
Towanda S.
on 10/10/04 8:48 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Hey Jeff...Great news! Don't forget to KEEP a set of your LARGEST clothing. It can be a dramatic reminder of how far you have come. We have some that bring them to our surgeon's seminars and show prospective patients just how this tool works. Towanda
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/10/04 10:28 pm - Oxnard, CA
That is so awesome!!! It is a good feeling!! But now I'm in my smallest sizes that I have in my closet so I'm going to have to buy some new ones. I have been hitting thrift stores hoping to find clothes too!!!! Have a great week!!! Michelle
lily K.
on 10/10/04 11:35 pm - brockton, MA
dear jeff i went thru my closet before i went in for surgery and i had clothes from size 16-24!! i separated everything by size and recently had to give away everything that was bigger than a 16!! i had several bags of great casual clothes for my sister in law and many suits and business clothes that i donated to a local association that dresses women who are being retrained to go back to work after being on welfare. it is a great feeling knowing you won't be in those sizes again!! like you i used to save my old clothes "just in case" but now i know this weight is gone for good. keep up the good work!! lilykate
Ilva K.
on 10/11/04 6:40 am - NYC, NY
i did the same to i got rid of all my size 26, 24, i have 22 but know i am down to a 18 cant keep up with the excitement, i am lucky my best friend and i did our surgery 2 weeks apart so we swap clothing at different stages thank god shes smaller than me so know ia getting all her size 18. ps dont you feel more sexy as you loose the wait, i am loving this new feeling
bama G.
on 10/11/04 8:32 am - Brewton, AL
I'm down 72 lbs and went from a 28 jeans to a 18-20. woo hoo! keep up the good work bamagirl
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views