56 down but nothing this week?????

on my W.
on 10/9/04 8:05 pm - Canada
Hello everyone, I am 2 and a half months out and have lost NOTHING in the last 9 days..the scale isn't moving at all. Has anyone else had this problem...I am getting all my water and I really think it should move but it doesn't.....any thoughts or has anyone else been through this???? Thanks Karen.
melissab
on 10/9/04 10:53 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Hi Karen, don't worry yourself about this. It is completely normal. Just make sure you keep following your surgeon's food ideas, drink your water, take your vitamins, get in your protein and make sure you are exercising. Each of us has had, or will have, periods with no loss. Our bodies are trying to get caught up with what we are doing to them. It is very normal! If it helps to know this, I hit a 2 1/2 week plateau of no loss at only 2 weeks postop! I then didn't see a loss for 2 weeks once again not too long ago. It does start dropping off again, on it's own schedule LOL. Just be sure to not let yourself get discouraged, thus not doing what we know we need to do. If you are exercising regularly it is also good to remember that sometimes we need to mix up the routine once in a while because our bodies become accustomed to what we are doing on a regular basis. Sort of shocks our body back into losing mode Even with my nearly 4 weeks total of not losing, I had surgery July 28 and am STILL down 65lbs as of yesterday! So it will start again, I promise! Hang in there, you're going to do great Melissa
curlysue 9.
on 10/9/04 11:16 pm - Demopolis, AL
A few weeks ago I went almost 2 weeks with not one single pound loss. Then, I upped my protein and started losing a pound a day. Now, for the last week I haven't lost anything again!! I guess it is just something we all go through! I haven't been eating anymore than usual. I did slack off my protein a little bit, but these last few days I have been taking in more. I will go to the doctor's office Monday and find out if it worked or not. Carol
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/04 12:41 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It happens. One of these days, you'll get on the scale and overnight, six pounds will be gone. I've been there, done that. It's best not to worry so much about what the scale is doing, because those darned pounds have a mind of their own. They'll leave your body only when they're ready to, no matter what you've done to get rid of them. It's nature's defense mechanism. You said you get all your water in, but you don't mention protein. I have found that when I average 70+g of protein over several days, I drop several pounds. Make sure you're getting in your target amount! Pamela -48
Monna W.
on 10/10/04 3:40 am - Susanville, CA
Karen, 9 days on a plateau is not too bad. I had one that lasted 6 weeks--I dispaired that I would not lose any more, but it finally coming off started again. I did increase my protein to 60-80 grams a day and was more careful about making sure I got all my water. I am unable to exercise (even walking) for more than about 10 minutes at a time (due to other health problems unrelated to my weight), but I am faithful about doing that every day. Don't get discouraged. It is absolutely normal to reach periodic plateaus, but as others have said, make sure you follow your surgeon's food plan, get enough protein and water, and exercise each day. You will lose again. Hang in there. Monna -68 lbs.
jcordell
on 10/10/04 4:29 am - TX
Wow Karen! 56 pounds in 2 1/2 months? THAT'S AWESOME!!! That's an average of between 5 and 6 pounds lost per week! Nothing wrong with that at all! As for plateaus, yeah they suck...I had one for 12 days, but, that didn't deter me from doing what I was doing, and then I started losing again. Also, I realized that even though I wasn't losing "weight", I continued to lose inches during that time! Be proud of your accomplishments so far! You have worked very hard and you're doing incredibly well! Do the best you can, and the weight will start to come off again very soon. God bless! Jeff -75
bunnymorris
on 10/10/04 12:41 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Karen, I feel your pain! ha I went 3 weeks and although you know you are doing the right things--you get discouraged. But........guess what? There is a surprise later hopefully like I got---fast loss. I lost 9 lbs. in 9 days. I can tell you I started drinking 2 protein drinks (juice-Fuzzy Navel flavor) a day to increase my protein (added working with light weights two times a week) and it started moving if that helps! Good Luck and patience (hard I know!!!!!)! Bunny -53
Angela S.
on 10/12/04 9:56 am - Santa Maria, CA
RNY on 07/28/04 with
I am going through it too! It's driving me crazy! July 28 surgery, tow weeks down 15#, two more weeks-NOTHING, then the past 9 days (Oct. 2nd - 11-NOTHING again! It's not like I don't work out, I do, 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours each morning or @ least 5 out of 7 days. It has to pass! Good Luck and thanks for posting, Angela
Angela S.
on 10/12/04 9:56 am - Santa Maria, CA
RNY on 07/28/04 with
I am going through it too! It's driving me crazy! July 28 surgery, tow weeks down 15#, two more weeks-NOTHING, then the past 9 days (Oct. 2nd - 11-NOTHING again! It's not like I don't work out, I do, 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours each morning or @ least 5 out of 7 days. It has to pass! Good Luck and thanks for posting, Angela
dana W.
on 10/12/04 5:50 pm - fort worth, tx
karen i'm only down 48lbs since 7/29 but i'm not gettin in all my water like u r...but u didnt mention protein.. how r u doing on that?? and exercise?? i know it seems that the surgery shld have done it all,, but guess what it didnt all its done is make us do what we shld have been doing to start with... exercise and drink water. funny huh?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views