new discoveries

Tina I.
on 10/8/04 11:27 am - Minot AFB, ND
Hey everyone. We have made it three months!! (or will this month sometime). I am feeling great. Went to the doc on Monday and I am down 71 pounds and feeling like I have my life back. Just wanted to see what some of your new found discoveries are now that the weight is dropping. For me.... 1. I can actually cross my legs again. I have not done that in 7 years. 2. I can drive my car and my belly does not rub the steering wheel. 3. I can wear all my cute jeans I bought 4 years ago and give away my 28 and 30's 4. I went to the park with my son and I was able to go down the slides and swing on the swings without hurting my thighs. 5. I found that I have a waist!!! Just thought this would be fun!!! Take care to you all!! Tina open rny 7-6-04 319/248/159
TJ B.
on 10/8/04 11:51 am - Texarkana, AR
What's really strange is that I don't ever remember being able to cross my legs. What a different feeling that will be when I get there. congrats on all of your milestone. ; LOL Tj Brown 320/261/145
jcordell
on 10/9/04 5:49 am - TX
Tina, GREAT JOB! It's so cool to read about all of your successes. Our WLS sister Nancy told me those are "NSV's"...Non-Scale Victories! I had my Lap-RNY on 7/7 and as of today am down 75 pounds. Let's see, here are some of the NSV's I've had recently: *It was nice to fly to Orange County this week and feel like I wasn't taking up my seat and 1/2 of the seat next to me! OH, and put the tray table down without it resting on my stomach! *It's great to pull old stuff out of the closet and think "no way this will fit yet", only to find that not only does it fit, it may actually be a bit big. *I too have found my waist...LOL Guess it's been hiding from me all these years. *Having my boss see me for the first time after WLS and tell me I look about 16 years old. *Having that same boss, who is a major fashion hound, finally compliment me on my attire. (No matter how nice the clothes are that come from the Big N' Tall, they just don't look right on a morbidly obese guy). *Catch a hotties eye and actually get a glance back. *Waking up the next day with that same hottie and a couple of hickies. Ummm...that's about it for now. As I lose the other half of my weight, I'm sure there will be many more! Enjoy these moments, and look forward to the many more yet to come!! As always, keep smiling and keep the faith!! Jeff -75 1/2 way to goal! 338/263/188
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 10/11/04 10:34 am - MD
Down 63 lbs walk up/down stairs with out being out of breath. cross my legs comfortablly WEAR KNEE HIGH BOOTS (my fav) Drive with out stomach stickingout stand on a scale and actually see the numbers MORE FLEXABLE get into my first goal outfit size XL jumper was 3X get responses from HOT GUYS Look in the mirror and be proud
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views