Yoohoo, Pouchy...you still there?

cosette
on 10/8/04 11:21 am - Tujunga, CA
I, like you all, had my surgery in July. But something HAS to be wrong. I can eat A LOT. Granted, in the 11 weeks since surgery, I've lost 57 pounds, BUT I am afraid of how much I eat. For example, one day, I ate a whole adult meal consisting of grilled white roughy with garlic butter says, grilled zucchini, and a HUGE slice of garlic bread. I ate it all. Today, I am at 700 calories already, and I still have dinner to eat. I read the "What did you eat today?" posts. People farther out than me are eating so much less. I was originally told to eat until I felt full, but I never get that full/heart attack/pressure kind of feeling. Anybody else experiencing this?
dana W.
on 10/8/04 12:29 pm - fort worth, tx
u're down 57 lbs when i'm only down 40 something,,,and cant hardly eat anything...,,have u ck with your doctor? i wld start there
cosette
on 10/8/04 1:31 pm - Tujunga, CA
Thanks, Dana. I did tell my doctor. He just said, "It's normal." But it sure doesn't feel normal...
Sue G.
on 10/8/04 2:04 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi.. I just discovered I can eat a lot more than I should also. My husband made stuffed pork chops with stove top stuffing ( probably shouldn't be eating this anyway) but I started eating and I just couldn't stop like I normally do. I didn't feel full until after I ate about 4 oz of meat and 1/2 Cup of the stuffing. I felt sooooooo bad. Normally I start feeling kinda full after about 2 or 3 oz meat and a few bits of veggies so I don't know whats going on. I'm really watching everything I eat now. I get sick on protein drinks so I have to get my proteins from what I eat so I've been tracking calories and everything. I usually eat between 750 and 1000 calories per day and get 80 to 100 proteins. Of course I always take my vitamins and etc. It does kind of scare me tho I have been measuring and making sure my portion size is only 1/2 to 3/4 Cup for regular meals and small snacks usually string cheese or lite yogart. It's not that I'm not satisfied with small portions but I really don't feel full so I just have to be very careful. I also am going to check with my Dr. about this .. Sue
cosette
on 10/9/04 8:27 am - Tujunga, CA
Thanks, Sue. I really didn't want to get back into measuring, etc. I thought this was going to be different. You just eat 'til your full, and your body lets you know. At least I'm not alone!
Vivi *.
on 10/8/04 11:24 pm - clermont, FL
I too have noticed that some days I CAN eat more than my normal portions, I just measure my food and when I'm done, I get up and leave the table. It's hard, but I do not want anything bad to happen, I'm so affraid to 'burst' a staple... I'm a big baby for pain... I guess that's why they say the surgery is just a tool and we still have to diet and exercise... I guess some days are just gonna be more difficult than others. Looks like a lot of us (who have had WLS in July) are experienced the same thing, so your Dr. is probably right. Who knows, it may be just a "phase" we will surpass. If it isn't, than I'd think a lot more people would've failed the WLS 2-3 months post op. Keep up the faith... Flavia
cosette
on 10/9/04 8:29 am - Tujunga, CA
Good point! I'm trying to keep the faith. Thanks
houstondoll
on 10/9/04 12:14 pm - Houston, TX
You've lost a lot of weight and you can eat....hummm Sounds good to me
JulesC
on 10/9/04 11:56 pm - Spring Hill, TN
You are losing weight, so you must be doing it right!! Some days I feel like I can eat more too, but I try to measure out my food and when it is gone it is gone. I had surgery 7/27 and have only lost 46 lbs so far. You are doing great. Hang in there and keep on exercising. Jules
Marcy B.
on 10/10/04 4:15 am - West Bloomfield, MI
My typical day is between 1000-1200 calories- 80-100 protein- that is all I count. ( Protein bars - Atkins at 220 add the extra calories and make it easier to get to that 1200 mark, My doctor says I am doing very well. Though of course I have questioned whether it is really Ok for me to be eating this much. My pouch for the most part is working well for me without alot of problems. For those of us who can eat, I think it means that we may be healing faster from our surgeriesand we should be grateful that things are working well for us. I think I would much prefer being able to eat more food comfortably than be dealing with nonstop vomiting that some others who can't eat as much have been experiencing. Its all relative I guess. Its like we have to question and punish ourselves when things are going well. Whats that about ?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views