Mini Goal Accomplished!

C J.
on 10/8/04 5:09 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi JUly Babies....As of this am I have lost exactly 50% of my excess weight!!!!!!!! Whooo Hooooo!!!!! I now beleive that us "lightweights" being slow losers is a bunch of huey! I have lost 54 pounds since 7/28. I can't call that slow.. especially since Auntie came to visit and I'm still losing! Now if I could just get some energy...I still feel like I'm in hibernation mode. Does anyone else want to sleep all the time? I've been this way since surgery. I can sleep 12 to 14 hours at a time and still not have any energy when I get up. ANy thoughts? Love ya all and have a great day. CJ 246/192/138
sradcli74
on 10/8/04 5:56 am
Great CJ! Are you getting all your protein and b-12 supplements, if not that may contribute to the tiredness. I'm glad to hear the update!
C J.
on 10/8/04 6:26 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Thank You LT...I'm getting my protein in and remember my vitamins about 75% of the time. I'm taking Fetrinsic (B12 and iron) twice a day, MVI twice a day and calcium 1000 mgs twice a day. I cut back on my exercise thinking I was overdoing it. My weight loss has picked up but I'm still tired. I'm wondering if it's because of the rate I'm losing? Like a grizzly bear hibernating for winter? Cj
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/04 7:18 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
50% gone...you're very lucky I haven't had any problems with being tired. These days, I don't get to bed until almost midnight, and I get up at 7 to get my daughter to school, and I am wide awake the rest of the day. You could be sleeping too long...sometimes sleeping more than 8 hours causes a person to feel sluggish all day. Your body could also be begging for more food or liquids, especially since there's less stored fat to live off of. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. You should probably give your dietician or surgeon a call. It's not normal to feel so run down. Unless, of course, the change in the weather is having an affect on you (as it does many people). Pamela -48
C J.
on 10/8/04 8:48 am - Port Hueneme, CA
THanks Pam, You might have an idea about the sleeping causing the sleepiness...Now that youmention it I remember reading that somewhere...I see the surgeon for my 3 month checkup Tuesday..and get him to order labs just to be on the safe side. So, how do you force yourself awake when all you want to do is sleep?? CJ
kknute
on 10/8/04 1:28 pm - COTTONWOOD, MN
i was 254 when I started on 7/16 (5'8") and as of today I have only lost 38 lbs. I dring about 80 oz/day and get about 60 grams protein/day---but it's just not coming off. No milestones for me! I am so very discouraged! kathy
dana W.
on 10/8/04 10:29 pm - fort worth, tx
Kathy i know what u mean,,,i havent lost that much either and i thought i wld have lost at least over 50 by now..at 1st i was doing protein, vitamin , b12 and calcium but now i barely remember to take them..i'm with u on discouraged. I was also taking dance lesson ,,, have been in a week..i hope i can mk myself go sunday.. dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views