Coffee Lovers Best Protein Drink Ever!!!

Heather M.
on 10/8/04 1:40 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
This morning I decided to have a cup of coffee. Well, I mixed it the way I usually do with the French Vanilla Creamer and thought "what the heck if I ruin a cup of coffee it's not like I don't have a whole pot sitting there that usually just gets dumped anyhow". So I dumped a pack of Unjury unflavored protein powder in the cup and mixed it up. It didn't change the consistency (?sp). You couldn't even taste it. It tasted just like my coffee maybe a little weaker but still nothing like a protein drink. I was so thrilled and excited I can't wait untill tommorow when I can try it with a vanilla scoop or a chocolate! This for me makes drinking protein enjoyable. Thought I would share this. My husband is off today and is just laughing at me becuase of how excited I was to discover this. He just doesn't understand how hard it can be to choke down a protein drink. lol Bless his skinny little heart. Well, I hope everyone is having a great day so far mine has started off great. Happy Heather
kberkihiser
on 10/8/04 3:56 am - Lancaster, PA
I can't wait to try that! Are you able to have caffeine? Kristy B 306/248/165
Debra O.
on 10/8/04 6:24 am - Chino, CA
I would drink it with cold coffee heather, I heard on the main message board that heat does something to the powdered protien. ~Debra
dana W.
on 10/8/04 10:34 pm - fort worth, tx
I dont see why heat wld hurt,,, they tell u to cook with it and add to the dough mixes they give u,, and u have to cook that ,,, so i think coffee wld be fine... Just as long as u get protein in.
IrishIze
on 10/10/04 4:36 am - NJ
It's actually mentioned a couple of times on the Unjury container not to put in liquids over 130 degrees, and they suggest using a meat thermometer. Nancy -56
Heather M.
on 10/10/04 12:48 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
I asked Unjury and this is what they said: Proteins are like long chains (only smaller!), made of amino acids. When you heat proteins, the chains change shape. That changes their texture. For example, when you cook an egg, or a piece of chicken on the grill, it changes texture. But no one has ever said that you don't get protein from cooked eggs or chicken. It's the same with proteins. In a hot liquid, above about 130 degrees Fahrenheit, the proteins will change shape, and begin to clump. And most people say that's not appealing. However, even at higher heats (boiling or baking) the nutritional value fo the protein isn't hurt. I have never had it clump on me before and think that this is by far the best way for me to get a protein drink in. Heather
jcordell
on 10/10/04 2:25 pm - TX
Heather, congrats on your discovery! I've never been much of a coffee drinker, in fact, I've maybe had 2 cups my entire life. How do you think the Unjury powder would do in a martini? LOL Great job on your results!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Jeff -75
Heather M.
on 10/11/04 12:41 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
OMG Jeff! You are doing such an awsome job. I'm stuck at -44 lbs right now but I really shouldn't complain because it's mainly my fault. I know this past week I haven't gotten in near the amount of water that I should and my eating hasn't been the best. We went to Balloon Fiesta this past Friday where I had to have a Turkey Leg (which was shared with my husband and son) and also we shared a funnel cake. It just wouldn't be Balloon Fiesta without it. Then we drove to Taos Saturday. Well, hopefully I'll get back on track this week and get that darn scale moving again. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views