1st Shopping Experience!!!!

sradcli74
on 10/7/04 7:46 am
You will never believe, today was the first day I went shopping for myself in ages. Its been quite a while since I'd brought anything for myself out of sheer pleasure and you know it felt good. I'm down to 235 and I can fit a size 16 jeans!!!!!, from ashley stewart and a size 14/16 shirt!!!! I also brought a leopard trenchcoat, to die for!!!! I know I will probably only be able to fit this stuff for a short time, but it felt so good just to be able to buy something cute that actually looks cute on! I also went to DOTs for those of you that are not familiar, its a low priced clothing store, I saw a couple jogging suits I liked, the terry kind, really cute. Mind you I still have a distorted image of myself, because although I know I am smaller, I can't really see it. Anyhow I went to the rack to get the jogging suits and I immediately picked up a 3x, then I thought about it, so I picked up the 2x and then I thought well I just came from Ashley Stewart and I tried on a 14/16 shirt and 16 pants, maybe I should try the 1x, well I tried on the jacket in the store and it fit perfectly, very cute in bright pink! and I also got an electric blue one. Well when I got to my mom's house she asked to see my finds (by the way I didn't go to work, I had two interviews today...big waste of time, I'll just have to stay where I am, because if I can't get something better, then I don't want it.) I tried on the pants to the jogging suits and they were too big, I could have gotten a smaller size! I'd do this again in a heartbeat!!!!!
jenniferwheeler
on 10/7/04 8:14 am - PA
That is so awesome! The 1st time shopping is the best but it will just keep getting better and better! Take Care and keep up the great work! Jen -50lbs
C J.
on 10/7/04 9:38 am - Port Hueneme, CA
How fun! I think the hardest about shopping is heading to the right sizes in the beginning! I went to get clothes for work the other day and started off several sizes too big and finally ended up in the petite section so that I wouldn't have to hem the pants! Why are all the pants 6 inches too long now????? I use tp wear normal length! Oh well, 14 petities look a whole lot better then 20 average! That leopard trench coat sounds like the Bomb! And something you definietly need! CJ
Tara118
on 10/7/04 11:17 pm - Trenton, OH
How fun!! I too am jealous of the the trench coat!! I went shopping and bought size 20W rather than 26/28W!! I originally tried on 22W and when they were too big I was doing high fives with my 4 yr old in the dressing room. (Who thought Mommy had lost her mind!!) I might have to go to Dots and check out those sweatsuits!! Tara 305/250/170
dana W.
on 10/8/04 10:48 pm - fort worth, tx
Thats wonderful,, i'm glad u enjoyed,,,i can tell i've lost weight in my top part but my legs have always been the hardest for me,,,my thighs and calfs look like telephone pole big all the way up and down.. So i'm scared to shop knowing the pants wld still have to be the same size just smaller tops.. but i'm soo,,,,sooo happy 4 u.. keep u the good work. dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views