WLS goals???

houstondoll
on 10/6/04 2:20 pm - Houston, TX
What is your WL goal? How much did your dr. expect for you to lose? I asked my Dr. what he expected me to lose and his response was-"We consider the WLS a success when you have a normal BMI"...... Whoa, not the answer I was expecting....;-o
bunnymorris
on 10/6/04 3:11 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
My dr. hasn't said either but I see him on the 12th so he may say something. For now I'm just working on the 100 lbs. I'm half way there! Then I'll look at what is next (10. 20....)Hard to believe I could ever be the weight the charts say..never been that size. One day at a time I guess. Oh...I want to run a marathon. My daughter found a beginners marathon at Disney World in Jan. I won't be ready this year but maybe the next. We'll go together for a mother/daughter run. That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later, Bunny -50
IrishIze
on 10/6/04 9:46 pm - NJ
I'd really like to get down to 150 lbs. which means I would have to lose 127 lbs. I suppose I'd be happy with losing 100 lbs. but I guess there will always be something to work towards. My doctor never quite said what his expectations were... Hugs, Nancy -53
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/6/04 10:16 pm - Oxnard, CA
My doctor said you can expect to lose 75% of your excess in most cases. That is not good enough for me. I want to get down to 140. That is the right weight for my height and body structure.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/04 10:23 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My surgeon told me that I should lose at least 150, which would be about 75%. That would put me at 217, and would be 67lbs too heavy, since my body calls for 135ish. At 217, I'd still qualify for surgery. Isn't that nuts? My BMI would be 35, and I have comorbids... Pamela -47
Naaazah
on 10/7/04 1:43 am - Killeen, TX
My Doc gave me a specific percentage that should loose by each of my appts. My total goal at one year he prdicted should be 122lbs lost. That use to seem so far away. Now it seems like ill fly right past that number. my weight is dropping fast. started at 269lbs/ now im 215lbs. Shameka
houstondoll
on 10/7/04 4:14 am - Houston, TX
It sounds like your doing great... Also sounds like ur dr. gave u what mine did not --- a goal. ..... You know, its funny but my 'safe' BMI still has me weighing quite a bit. I don't think that it is unreasonable for me to expect to lose 100+ pounds within a year or so.
kberkihiser
on 10/7/04 3:24 am - Lancaster, PA
With starting at 306 the doctor said that he would consider my surgury a success if I got to 200. At my pre obese height I was 5'8, my post obese height is currently 5'6 -- If I look at ideal weights for my large boned build I would need to be 165 for 5'8 and if I stay 2 inches shorter 155. I would like to see 165, but I can live with 185. Kristy B 306/250/165 (hoping to get my 2" back!) Did anyone else shrink when they gained the weight?
houstondoll
on 10/7/04 4:18 am - Houston, TX
Hi Kristy, I do not believe I have shrunk... How did that happen? I know your not that far out (we are about the same time) but did you have a bone denisty test done? I haven't. I have had my 3 month bloodwork done and I was low on potassium.... So I have to do much better...That shrinking question might be good to post on the board....
melissaross75
on 10/7/04 4:08 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I remember my PCP told me that being in the Orange zone on the BMI chart is where I would want to be, because that would mean that I am out of the high risk of having co-morbities. Of course I'd want to be in the Green which would be "Normal", but being out of danger is good enough for him. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1116 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views