3 Months Post-op

Monna W.
on 10/6/04 2:41 am - Susanville, CA
Today is my picture day and measurements day--3 months since surgery. My pictures finally show a big change--guess I will have to post it on my profile page. I have lost 68 lbs. (started really losing after increasing my protein) and bunches of inches, primarily from my hips and thighs where I carry so much of my weight. I am so thrilled. I originally had hoped to have 100 lbs off by Thanksgiving, but had given up hope when I was on my plateau for so long. Now it looks like I might reach it. I weigh less than when I moved to Susanville 4 1/2 yrs ago. My wedding ring is getting too big--might have to stop wearing it until I lose all I can and then have it resized. All my clothes just hang on me, but I want to wait until I have gotten under 300 lbs (have not weighed less than 300 for over 15 yrs.). My great-niece is exploring the possiblity of having the surgery. She lives in WV so I give support long distance. My best friend and her husband are have the surgery in 8 days. She is so excited. I am thrilled with what is happening to my body. I feel so good that is hard to believe the trials I was having (GI bleed and wound infection) just a couple of months ago. I have finally learned how much I can eat and to stop with that amount so I don't get sick. I can't eat sweets, even a couple of bites makes me dump ( even things sweetened with Splenda make me dump), but I LOVE SF popsicles, especially the tropical flavors. Love, Monna 389/321/150(I hope)
IrishIze
on 10/6/04 11:46 am - NJ
Monna, I'm so happy that you're doing so well!! It is a wonderful thing to start feeling alive again!! Now I can move so much easier and don't get winded from simple tasks. Sometimes when I go for my walks I feel like I could walk forever!! Hugs, Nancy -53
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views