OK....what are you eating???

bamasweetpea
on 10/6/04 12:18 am - Fayetteville, NC
What is the nectar drink? Where do you buy it at?
C J.
on 10/5/04 5:49 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Nadine, try boosting your protein tio increase your weight loss...maybe add a protein shake or bar. I also started as a light weight but I've lost 52 pounds so far and am averaging 2-5 pounds a week now. I get 60 to 70 grams of protein a day and 500 to 600 calories a day. Even with this surgery we do have to eat to lose! I use a protein shake every day to boost my protein as I can only eat 2to 3 ozs 3-4 times a day. CJ 246/194/138
Vivi *.
on 10/5/04 8:15 pm - clermont, FL
Nadine, I am too a ligth weight... Sorry girlfriend, looks like we are slow losers, but slow losers are still losers... So be happy you're a loser!! Your food intake is fine, I'd try to add some fruit and whole grains like a little bit of wheat pasta ot brown rice. See, I'm pro a balanced meal. My nutritionist AND my surgeon informed me, that due to the fact that I am a light weight, I should be, of course, getting in all my protein, but should also have very well balanced meals. I eat "good carbs" every day (fruits, whole grains and vegetables.) My only problem is getting in all my water and vitamins, but I'm working on it... I have 6 small meals/day. If you don't eat often, your body goes into starvation mode and tends to try to "hold on" to the consumed calories, so you don't lose as much... Are you exercising at all? Another possible issue: Did you get grief from others about having this surgery?? In my case, everyone said: "but you don't really need it!" Well, I did and let me tell you: I felt guilty as heck! I was so stressed over the issue that I stoped losing for a while! Stress will do it to you! So I stopped listening to the people who had nothing but criticism towards my decision... What were they thinking?? Why don't they walk one mile in my shoes??!! Anyway, take care of yourself, body mind and soul! Good luck and keep us all posted! Flavia Open RNY 07/27/04 5'3, 30 years old, 223/187/115
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/04 11:30 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
B~1oz of string cheese, 1oz. thin turkey breast L~tuna sandwhich (egg, light mayo, relish, onion, celery on 2 slices light bread) D~Whatever I make for the family. It could be grilled chicken in some form (fajitas, skinless chicken strips), it could be extra lean ground beef in some form (meatloaf, tacos, spaghetti). I will also make a vegetable, add some cottage cheese, applesauce, maybe a potato. Normally, I eat the meat parts first, and then will have a bite of the other stuff, starting with the lowest carb, highest protein. Snacks~Rarely. Sometimes lowfat cheese, sometimes a piece of fruit Pamela -47
DramaQueenJessica
on 10/5/04 11:33 pm - Wayland, MA
I have a sample of my daily menu in my profile but here's what I normally eat. Ive found I can eat and drink more easily now. Just chugged 16 oz of CL in 3 minutes, where-as a month ago it would have taken me all day. Anyways: Breakfast, a nest egg (fried egg in a slice of bread with middle cut out) I need the bread for the yolk, lol or something similiar. Lunch boca burger or some left over meat from the last nights dinner.. or maybe a cold cut roll up with cheese and pickles. Oh or some soup. Dinner, meat, veggie and a rice or something. Salad. Snack, usually a cut up tomato or cucumber with feta cheese and some salad dressing. The only thing I have real dumping issues with is chocolate or VERY VERY sugary things. I can eat pasta and rice oh and bread.
IrishIze
on 10/5/04 11:42 pm - NJ
I still struggle with a lot of foods. I tried chicken nuggets last night, ate one and threw it up. After that, I can't eat anything else for the night - my pouchie is angry with me. Generally, my day goes like this: B - 4 oz. Carb Countdown Yogurt Smoothie w/1/2 scoop Isopure 0 carb Pineapple Orange Powder (130 calories/2 carbs/25g protein) L - 1 slice of turkey ham and 1 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese rolled up (80 cal/1 carb/9 protein) S - string cheese (80 cal/0 carb/8 protein) OR 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese (86 cal/3carb/7protein) D - 1 oz tuna (35 cal/0 carb/18 protein), 1T light mayo (50 cal/1 carb/0 protein), 4 Roberts Soy Crisps (55 cal/3.5 carb/7 protein) For other snacks I may have peanuts, but generally I'm not that hungry. I also add 1 scoop of unflavored Unjury to my Fruit Refreshers lemonade for another 20 g of protein, which leaves me somewhere around 75-85g on a good day, and I average about 500-600 calories. According to fitday.com, I'm averaging 3.5 lbs. per week this week - some weeks it's been 4 lbs. others 2 lbs. I try and walk at least 3 miles a day split over two walks. Maybe you need to shake things up a bit - why not try really upping your protein. When I was on a plateau, I upped my protein 20 g a day and I started losing a pound a day. It might be worth a try. Hugs, Nancy -53
NadineM
on 10/6/04 2:00 am - Vancouver, WA
Thank you all for your meal selections. I am so sorry for those of you who can't keep food down or are throwing up with certain foods. I guess in one way that's good thing, because your not eating as much and loosing. But the bad thing is your not getting all your nutrients. Anyhow, I can't tell what your portion sizes are, but it sounds like most are eating like me but maybe a bit less. When everyone say's they have 4 chips with a meal........I'm having about 10-15 Fat Free Pringles with mine...LOL When you say you have a burger....or sandwhich I am wondering if that means the whole thing? I had a burger once and got a childs cheeseburger and only ate about 1/2 of the bread and then just ate the burger with cheese. I am going to try to double up on Protein for the next week and see if that helps. Also I joined the gym and am going to be working out 4 days a week and hopefully the scale will start moving!!! Thanks again everyone! Hugs & Nadine
emmalousmom
on 10/6/04 11:56 am - Wawa, Canada
Nadine, I can only do small portions still, like the cheeseburger I tried the other day, only could eat a quarter of it and then 20min later it was stuck and got sick, can't do hamberger yet. for meat, like chicken, can do about 2oz and have to eat real slow. Louise
curlysue 9.
on 10/6/04 9:37 am - Demopolis, AL
Nadine, what you just described to me is about the same that I can eat. I feel like I can eat a whole lot. If you really think about it, it is not a lot. I do know that the protein works. I upped my protein and then started losing a pound a day, Then, I ran out of protein and for the last week and 1/2 I haven't been getting in much protein. I weighed yesterday afternoon and it looked like I gained 2 pounds!! I was devestated! So, I am laying off the carbs and focusing on my protein again. I just ordered different types of samples and just received them in the mail today. I wish you the best of luck.
emmalousmom
on 10/6/04 11:47 am - Wawa, Canada
so how much protein are you getting in in a day?? Louise I ate for breakfast, protein drink 33gm protein lunch pork rinds 10gm protein supper 2oz of chicken and tiny bit of egg noodles16gm prot handful of almonds snack pork rinds 10gm actually today had another half protein shake, around 20gm prot
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views