OK....what are you eating???

NadineM
on 10/5/04 11:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi everyone, You have all done so well with your weight loss since your surgeries in July. I want to know what is REALLY a normal intake of food for everyone?? I started as a "lightweight" and I know not to compare myself with others. But I do think I have been able to eat lot's from the very beginning and nothing seems to bother me, water, sugar, ect..... Last month I only lost 8 pounds in one whole month......What's up with that?? I did not have this surgery to loose 4 pounds..!! I am grateful though.........I am 2 sizes down and inches have came off...! So, what do you eat? Today I had a Slimfast Low Carb bar in the AM, Snack 1 string cheese.....For lunch 5 piece nuggets at Burger King (I know bad) but they are VERY lightly breaded. Dinner I will have a small piece of Salmon and some vegetables. 32 oz water....and all my vitamins. Thanks ........Nadine RNY 7/19/04 210/203/176/110?
NadineM
on 10/5/04 11:43 am - Vancouver, WA
Oops....I made a mistake on my post.... Last month I only lost 4 pounds the whole month! Thx!
beverly T.
on 10/5/04 11:55 am - pahokee, FL
well my food intake varies largely from day to day...but heres what ate today breakfast....1 slice of ribbed bacon snack....3/4 of an ounce of cashews lunch.....small salad didnt really feel like having dinner today, but i did drink all my liquids
emmalousmom
on 10/6/04 11:48 am - Wawa, Canada
sorry, beverly, again where is your protein?? I know I have bad days too, and when i don't drink my one shake i get so tired. Louise 255, 199, 138
TJ B.
on 10/5/04 12:07 pm - Texarkana, AR
normal for me breakfast- slim fast low carb shake snack-1/2 - 1 cereal bar (post low carb or slim fast or zone something with higher protein) lunch-meat out of soft taco from taco bell, or pinto from same, or grilled chicken, tuna with crackers, etc. snack-slice of fat free cheese and slice of deli ham (rolled up) or peanut butter and 2-4 crackers (i like low fat wheat thins) supper--what ever i fix for the family I try to prepare a way I can have some. tonight we went to the pizza store. I had the tops off of 3 slices (no crust). probably not the best but not too bad. Hope this helps Tj Brown 320/262/145
jcordell
on 10/5/04 12:44 pm - TX
Hi Nadine! Well, here's my menu for today: B-Slimfast low carb shake L-Slimfast low carb meal bar D-1/2 chicken plank and 1/2 pc fish from Long John Silvers (it is not easy to peel the breading off of fried fish. LOL) 60 oz. water This is a typical day for me, for the last week I have the Slimfast products as breakfast and lunch, and dinner is usually a turkey/cheese Lunchable, chicken breast, hamburger patty w/melted cheese...you know, stuff that (preferably) doesn't need cooked, or that I can put on the Foreman grill or in the microwave. LOL. Best wishes for your continued WLS success! Jeff -72 338/266/188
Lalocaweta
on 10/5/04 1:13 pm - Spicewood, TX
As for me - I am still battling with nausea on a frequent basis...Really bad tonight - not sure why. My normal diet does not include much - does not include SlimFast due to political reasons (Sorry - I refuse to support their sales due to their decision to fire Whoopi after she exerted her right to Freedom of Speech...) Don't eat breakfast - it NEVER stays down - Just have 3 tablespoons of GNC Concentrated Protein - which is 18 grams of protein along with my vitamins. Lunch - if I remember to eat it - is generally either cottage cheese or beef jerky. Have tried chicken nuggets - they did not work well. Dinner - Eat what ever type of meat I prepared for family and if have room some veggies. Snack (after dinner) is mixed nuts - probably should not eat as many as I do...and usually one mixed drink.... However - tonight have ed up everything I have eaten including my water....I gnerally get in about 500 calories, 40 grams of protein, but little high on the carbs... Anne RNY 7/15/04 260/198/150
DramaQueenJessica
on 10/5/04 11:28 pm - Wayland, MA
..about your nausea... mixed nuts make me nauseas.. was wondering if you cut them out of your diet, if the nausea went away. I think its something about the oils in them.. I hope you feel better. Oh and I couldnt agree more with you about the Whoopi thing. Screw Slim-Fast!!!
bunnymorris
on 10/5/04 1:32 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Nadine, well as everyone says--it varies but... Breakfast: 2-3 oz yogurt (SF and carb free) usually vanilla with a few fresh berries thrown in it. (berries care expensive but I'm worth it!!) I drink the nectar drink Fuzzy Navel with 23gr. Protein in it. (since I start drinking this everyday--I broke the plateau I was on for 3 weeks) Lunch: Today roasted chicken with a few fresh tomatoes ( I watch the peeling but so far so good) Dinner: Shrimp tonight (usually some type of meat or protein) with ****tail sauce (a little) Tonight no vegetable but usually I have some cooked vegetable--not too good with raw vegetables yet Snack: Peanut butter (reduced sugar) on two saltines Another Fuzzy Navel after my walk at night (most nights but sometimes I miss--I just try to get that one protein drink in at least) I avoid carbs unless they are part of the dish (spagetti for ex.) I eat protein at every meal whenever possible (rarely miss) So far I haven't been sick or vomited although whole fat cottage cheese did give me bad cramping. I recommend adding the protein drink and see what happens. 90 calories and 23 gr. of protein!! Good Luck! Bunny -48
Kathy P.
on 10/5/04 2:27 pm - AZ
what do you mix your protein drink with water?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views