This morning I woke up Obese!

Heather M.
on 10/4/04 12:22 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Not Morbidly Obese, Not Severely Obese but just Obese! I can't believe how wonderful it feels to just be obese. I'm only 30 lbs from being just overweight and 54 lbs from being NORMAL! I can do this! I love being able to put on jeans that bag on me now but 3 months ago when I wore them and would sit down I would get short of breath and feel lightheaded because of how tight they were but I refused to buy a bigger size. My family loves eating at Hooters and since I had my son I always felt a little self concious while going there and would think to myself why on earth would my husband want to be seen with me or want to be with me when he could easily have one of these cute little girls that work here. Well we went there this Saturday to eat and I went to take my son to the bathroom. When I walked past the mirror I had to stop because my profile no longer looked like I was pregnant. I looked chubby but I looked pretty damn good. I feel so much better about the way I look and no longer feel like I look grotesque (?spell) when I see myself. I know I have a ways to go but what I've done so far feels so good already. I'm even starting to feel somewhat sexy again and I haven't felt sexy in some time. Hope everyone is having a great day. It only gets better. Happy Heather
jenwright02
on 10/4/04 1:50 am - APG, MD
Heather, That is awesome.. I am happy for you .I had my surgery 29 july and ihave lost about 50 pounds my hubby is deployed and he hasnt seen me but he is due home this week or next so he will be in for a big surprise. I was looking at myself the other day and i was like wow you are getting to be one hot lady ( i have to tell myself that to make me feel like wow i am a woman an attractive woman that muight be big but thats ok cause its only temp.) so i do know the feeling.. Jen
C J.
on 10/4/04 5:08 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Terrific! Hubby is going to be surprised...just remember, you really should wear more then a teddy under that trench coat when you pick him up! Hugs, CJ
IrishIze
on 10/4/04 2:21 am - NJ
Heather, that is so awesome!! Congratulations on being obese ( most people wouldn't see that as a compliment, but we know better, huh!!) I didn't even think to check, so I just went to check out the BMI calculator, and I have to lose two more pounds before I'm obese....you know I'll be waiting for that!! With the cooler weather rolling around, I remember how I used to dread seeing all of the things that wouldn't fit me anymore because I had gained so much weight in a year....now if they don't fit it will be because they're TOO BIG!!! That sure hasn't happened before!! WLS - it's a good thing! (as Martha would say! ) Hugs, Nancy -52
Vivi *.
on 10/4/04 2:26 am - clermont, FL
I too checked the BMI calculator, I went from MO to O and I am 18 lbs. away from overweight! Flavia
Ann M.
on 10/4/04 11:16 am - Norwich, CT
Congratulations! I can't wait to be Obese! Ann 60lbs GONE!
C J.
on 10/4/04 5:07 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
How terrific! It's wonderful how losing weight improves our self esteem! Have a great day. CJ
jenwright02
on 10/4/04 11:26 pm - APG, MD
hi CJ, How are you doing? Its been a while since i have posted.. i have so much good news.. I got a job well i am restarting my job ( i do daycare and i wanted a baby ) and yesterday i was interviewed for a 2 month old and the hours are great 10-7.30 tues-fri. and he is such a easy baby. ..... Hubby says he will be home on thursday woohoo cant wait to see him. he has deceided to not be in the marine corps no longer he wants to be out and be with me and alicia ( my daughter) he feels so bad that he wasnt here when i had my surgery and wasnt here to help and i keep trying to tell him that it made me a stronger mom and wife and PERSON for him not to be here.. so i guess we will wait and see what happens but we are trying to buy a house woohoo. anyway have a great Tuesday i need to get moving to get my daughter up and ready for school today Jen
jcordell
on 10/5/04 1:05 pm - TX
Heather. I am so happy for you! Enjoy every second of this victory! You deserve nothing but the best, and you're well on your way there! Warm wishes, Jeff -72 338/266/188
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views