Our Son is Home on Leave :kiss:

AFM
on 10/3/04 5:08 am - Maumelle, AR
Well, as I think I posted when I had surgery, I did not tell our son, who is in the Air Force and was stationed in England when I had the WLS. Well, I saw him for the first time on Friday when he got to Memphis. He could not believe his eyes. I have lost 65 pounds since my surgery on 7-26-04. He was a little upset with me for not telling him about the surgery, but he was very happy that his Mom was doing something about her weight. We all went over to my brother's house for dinner that night and my whole family saw me for this first time since surgery. I told my husband later that I know I have a long way to go, but it sure felt good to have my family tell me how good I look. It's the little things like that keep us going. Libby 315/250.8/140
C J.
on 10/3/04 6:31 am - Port Hueneme, CA
How fabulous for you! Your son is home and you've lost 65#'s! I bet you look terrific. Enjoy! CJ
AFM
on 10/3/04 6:44 am - Maumelle, AR
Thanks CJ You bet I am happy!!!! We have not seen our son in 11 months. He will be here for 30 days and then reports to New Jersey. Just having him in the US is wonderful. England is so far away! He has been to Iraq but was only there for a short time. I really hope it stays that way. He is a Security Forces member. We are so proud of him. I believe everyone should pray for our guy. They are all doing a great job.
IrishIze
on 10/3/04 6:52 am - NJ
Libby, congratulations on your FABULOUS weight loss!! How wonderful it must be to have your son home again and to have your whole family support you on your weight loss! You're right about those little victories - they sure mean a lot!! Hugs, Nancy -52
Naaazah
on 10/3/04 11:07 am - Killeen, TX
Im so happy for you Libby! I too have a loved one in Iraq, my husband and cant wait until we see eachother again. Congrats To you!! Shameka
jcordell
on 10/3/04 11:29 am - TX
Libby- Congrats on your phenomenal weight loss! I can't wait to go home at Christmas and see my family and friends that haven't seen me after the WLS... As for your son, and all of our service men and women, they are in my prayers daily. Enjoy this time you have with your son, and enjoy reveling in your weight loss success! God bless, Jeff -71 338/267/188
Tara118
on 10/3/04 7:24 pm - Trenton, OH
Libby!! What a great amount of weight loss!! Keep up the good work. I am so glad your son is home and will continue to pray that he stay safe!! It is wonderful when all see the weight loss. It only makes us keep working harder!! HUGS!! Tara 305/253/170
TweedyBird
on 10/6/04 2:06 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey Libby!!!!! Congrats on your weight loss! I just love Dr. Gibbs! Hey did you do the walk from Obesity at Baptist? I did, wondering if we met, and did not know it! I know you mentioned it, but we have to do lunch and compare notes! Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views