SHOPPING!!!!

Naaazah
on 10/2/04 10:54 pm - Killeen, TX
Hello Everyone, Im so very excited to announce, I can now shop in a regular retail stores. I know that sounds a little crazy but i was having such a hard time finding clothes in my size at 269lbs. Latley ive been a little embarassed to go into places like Victoria Secrets, Gap and the Buckle. I would think that they thought , what is she doing in here. Total opposite. I was fitted and help into all kinds of different apperal. Im excited! Anyone else feeling this way? Let me know what you guys are doing! P.S I have gone from 269lbs to 219lbs. Almost at my mini goal of 200. Love You Guys, Shameka
IrishIze
on 10/3/04 12:49 am - NJ
Congratulations Shameka on your awesome weight loss!! I haven't gone clothes shopping yet - I'm still able to get away with most of my old stuff - although it is very loose. I don't want to spend too much money on in between stuff, so I'm trying to get by. One of these days, though, I'm gonna be off to the mall!!! Hugs, Nancy -52
Roni P.
on 10/3/04 1:43 am - Tucson, AZ
Sahmeka, I am so happy for you! You go girl! Being able to shop in a regular store sounds funtastic! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps. For now, shop til you drop. Wear a cute top for me. Wishing you continued success! Roni
jcordell
on 10/3/04 2:52 am - TX
Shameka, Congrats on your achievements! That is so cool!! I was at Dillard's the other day returning some shirts I had bought last week that were TOO BIG! , when I saw some shorts that I really liked on sale. I figured I should try them on first, and they were also too big. The cool thing is, they were 6" less in the waist than my pre-op size! I'm pretty lucky with clothes, I have stuff in my closet that will take me all the way down to 220, so I won't have to buy too much for another 47 pounds. Keep up the good work! See you at the mall (in the normal stores)!! Jeff -71 338/267/188
C J.
on 10/3/04 6:34 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Isn't it great! Shoppintg can actually be an enjoyable experience. Try looking at Penny's fpr those in between sizes..I bought a pair of dress slacks for $3.00, a pair of capris for $4.00, etc.. Great sale proces on the clearence racks. CJ
Tara118
on 10/3/04 6:40 am - Trenton, OH
I went shopping today and I was doing high-5s with my 4 yr old in the dressing room. I too had been wearing my old clothes so I had no clue what size I wore. I wore a 26-28 before in pants and I tried on a 22 and they were too big!!! I got to buy 20W pants!! Not regular size clothes yet but well on my way!! These little things make the surgery so worth it!! Tara 305/253/170
Vivi *.
on 10/3/04 8:03 am - clermont, FL
Good for you, I know how you feel, I just cut up my Lane Bryant Credit Card, and let me tell ya: IT FELT SOOO GOOD!! Flavia open RNY 07/27/04 5'3 - 223/188/115
JulieSM
on 10/3/04 1:18 pm - Hesperia, CA
Congrats to you!!! I am starting to see the same too I love it, I even bought my first bra ever at Victoria Secrets a few weeks ago
MargaretD
on 10/4/04 3:47 am - Nashville, TN
I went to TJ Maxx this past weekend and loved it. I bought clothes that are too tight for me that hopefully I will be able to fit into in a couple of weeks. Clothes are so cheap there and I can find stuff b/c I am now in a 16! I bought 14s, though! It is so much fun, I just don't want to get too carried away with shopping while my sizes are dropping so quickly. Margaret 238/187/128
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views