For Protein Shake Challenged People

TweedyBird
on 10/2/04 12:53 am - Somewhere, AR
Ok, my trainer gave me this recipe for protein pancakes. Although two pancakes, about the size of the inside of your palm is about 4.5 ozs..it still makes up into a bread substance, so I can only do one (2.25 ozs). I am going to save the other one for a snack. They taste ok......note...I did not say ummmmm good....I said...ok! It is a welcome switch from just a plain protein shake. And it will satisfy a sugar craving too! 1/3 cup of egg whites only (10 grams of protein) 1/3 cup of oatmeal 1 and 1/2 scoop of your protein powder of choice I usually do Isopure, but it is just van. so I bought a small container of the Keto (whey/strawberry short cake) (34 grams of protein) approx. 1/2 cup of Soymilk (I use Soy Slender 1g net carb, no sugar/sweetened with splenda. The milk is used to make it pliable, so that you can pour it. (3 grams of protein) Total protein - 47 grams or 23.5 per pan cake! Oh and I use Cary's sugar free syrup= 12g of carbs, 11g of Sugar Alchohol, 30 calories---note this is per 1/4 cup. I did not use nearly 1/4 cup of syrup! Tweedy
jcordell
on 10/2/04 2:38 pm - TX
Mmmm...pancakes sound sooo good. Wish I knew how to cook, or even boil water for that matter. LOL.
C J.
on 10/2/04 4:04 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Tweedy..I make a recipe similiar to this...equal amounts of oats and any flavored yogurt (usually 1/2 cup each) 1/2 cup egg beaters and a dash of cinnamon. I like these with vanilla a yogurt and served with apple butter. The protein count isn't as good as your recipe but you could add protein powder. CJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views