Do you still use your CPAP?

sradcli74
on 10/1/04 12:15 am
Hi Everyone, I have sleep apnea and after I started to lose weight, my CPAP became uncomfortable to the point where I was pulling it off in the middle of the night. So I haven't used it in weeks. Does anyone else feel this way? Teah
Heather M.
on 10/1/04 1:55 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
OMG! I thought it said "Do you still use your CRAP?" I had to read it because I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about. I don't have a CPAP so I can't help with that. Hopefully due to your weightloss you won't need it much longer. Hopefully I gave you a smile with my apparent reading disorder. Heather
kberkihiser
on 10/1/04 2:52 am - Lancaster, PA
I don't have on either, but I got a giggle out of Heather replys today! First the straw one, and then the reading disorder. Had to let ya know you made me chuckle. Maybe the CPAP is uncomforable bc you lost some weight and don;t need it. I was not tested for sleep apnea, but my hubby says i do not snore any more since the surgery! YAY! bc you used to be able to hear me downstairs! Kristy 306/252/165
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/04 5:45 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Teah, I'm in the same boat. I TRY to wear it several nights a week, but never make it more than an hour or two. The mask is uncomfortable, no matter how I try to adjust it, and the air makes me feel like I'm chokin. I asked my PCP about it, and he told me to call the medical supply company to have them set it on "autopap" which is supposed to be like a mini-sleep study to see if they should adjust it. Guess I oughta think about doing that...
sradcli74
on 10/1/04 5:53 am
Thanks for the info Pamela, I had no idea it could do that. My fiance says that he can't hear me snoring anymore, so maybe I don't need it anymore. I am going to call and find out if my has an autopap. Thanks Teah
Patima
on 10/1/04 11:53 am - GA
Teah, I have sleep apnea, too, and a few weeks ago I started waking up at night and was actually fighting the machine. Hubby said that after I turned it off, I went right to sleep, very soundly and quietly! No snoring. I may have lost enough weight now to where the setting should be adjusted lower or not use it at all. So I haven't used it for a few weeks - I know, shame on me! Guess I should get to the Pulmonologist for a follow-up. Patti
Ann M.
on 10/2/04 2:59 am - Norwich, CT
I weighed 314 when I had the surgery. My surgeon told me that when I lost 40lbs I'd no longer need the C-PAP machine. I dunno how he knew this...but he was right! At just about 40 lbs gone, I could get rid of the machine. It's in my cellar now. I don't miss the mask, etc. but I do miss the "white noise" from the machine. I haven't snored once for about a month and a half. Ann 314/255/150
MikeB
on 10/4/04 1:22 am - Pottstown, PA
I've also noticed the difference in the c pap. I've tried to use mine a couple of times but I wake up after a couple of hours and I feel like I'm choking so I take it off and I sleep just fine. I don't have any of the problems I had before with sleepiness during the day. My throat dosen't hurt My head doesn't hurt. I just don't use it. Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views