Family Weight loss

JustHat
on 9/30/04 6:01 am - NM
How many of you have noticed your family losing weight? Has family eating habits changed or just yours? Since surgery, I have been able to win the battle of fast food with my family. Before surgery, I was out voted on where to eat. I have four sons and a husband. But, since surgery, it is rare that we eat fast food. They don't like to watch me sit there and frown while they eat. When we showed up at BK the other day, everyone was surprised to see us and said they missed us. I hadn't even realized how few times we have been in there. But, they have nothing I can eat. We have also cut pizza back from 3 times a week to one every other week or so. I have been cooking a lot more. That gives me control over portion sizes for everyone. My husband hasn't lost a pound. But, now that I am so close to weighing less than him, as I should, he is starting to realize he needs to drop a few too. The big winner in our family is my son. Between better foods being offered and football practice, he has dropped at least 15 pounds. My second son has actually gained weight. But, I think he is head toward a growth spurt. We'll see what happens in the next month or so. I would say that I am the only one in the family that is really fat. One of the kids is almost too thin. The others just need to drop a few. So, I am happy for my oldest and look forward to what time will bring for the rest.
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/04 8:34 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My husband cut out soda because he knew I couldn't drink it any more. He has only dropped a few pounds, but it's better than gaining a few. He also goes to the gym with me when his work schedule permits. I have to drag him, but he goes. My daughter, on the other hand, gags on everything I cook because it's not the junk she's used to. Tonight, we grilled chicken, and she had to choke down every tiny bite we gave her, which was about five. She's definitely going to have to adjust to healthy cooking, because she'll starve if she doesn't. Pamela 352/309/135ish
C J.
on 9/30/04 10:23 am - Port Hueneme, CA
My family really hasn't lost much or changed their eating habits. My Dh is normal weight, tilting towards skinny and my daughter still a junk food junkie but is starting to watch her portions. We cut out fast food and delvery pizza a long time ago, and I'm buying less and less junk... Most of the stuff I buy is low fat or fat free and sugar free, but it still comes down to portion control! It's hard to change eating habits....but I think we slowly succeed! Good luck CJ
Vivi *.
on 9/30/04 10:38 am - clermont, FL
EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY IS SOOOO SKINNY!!!!!!!! I AM THE ONLY FAT ONE.... Flavia
cindy m.
on 9/30/04 11:42 am - Trenton, MO
I don't buy junkfood for the family any more since having my surgery. I am bringing healthier foods into the house now. I will not be responsible for them gaining weight. I told them and they agreed that if they want junk they have to get it themselves. My husband and kids are all overweight to a degree. I have noticed my daughters both have lost a few pounds since I have done this. Hugs ~Cindy~ -54
Towanda S.
on 9/30/04 8:41 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Interesting... My husband (about 2 weeks after my surgery, seeing me start to lose weight) began a new way of eating and going to the gym. He has now lost over 35lbs! A bit of healthy competition...at first. Now he is totally into being a healthier person. The bennies of WLS! Towanda
IrishIze
on 10/1/04 1:46 am - NJ
I've definitely been buying healthier foods for my two sons and I. My older son (18) has always been thin at 6'1", 150 lbs. My younger son (17) has a tendency to be heavier. At 6'3", he weighed 210 lbs. a couple of months ago. When I took him to the doctor the other night for a sore throat, he was 192!! He was so happy and we have really been able to see the difference. On the whole, I'd have to say we are definitely a healthier family. Hugs, Nancy -50
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views