Can anyone eat a whole cheeseburger????

Lisa H.
on 9/28/04 9:26 am - Lake City, FL
I took the kids to McDonalds today and got a regular cheeseburger. Ususally we are at home and I always half it(I've done this maybe 3 times). Today we were eating in the car which I know is the WRONG thing to do but before I knew it, I had eat almost the whole cheeseburger. I probably left 2 bites when I realized what was going on. I had surgery on July 1st and can eat anything but high sugar foods. Can anyone else eat a "whole" cheeseburger this far out? Thanks for the info. Lisa
Kathy P.
on 9/28/04 10:20 am - AZ
not at one time maybe over the course of a day. In fact today I cant eat anything just not hungry. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/04 10:54 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The other day, I ate 1/4 of a cheeseburger and all of the fries in a Happy Meal. Some days, like tonight, I can eat more than a 1/2 of food, but there are some days when I can't fit in very much at all. For dinner, I had 1/4 cup of carrots, 1/4 cup of Augratin potatoes, one slice of bread, and nearly a 1/2 cup of sloppy joe. That's an entire cup of food, although the carrots are mostly water, and 1/2 a cup of sloppy joe isn't the same as eating a solid piece of meat. Still, I am suddenly wondering how I could fit it all in there without puking. I'm full, but not sickly full. ANYWAY...a McDonald's cheeseburger isn't even four ounces in weight, I don't think...so you're probably just fine.
dana W.
on 9/28/04 2:05 pm - fort worth, tx
hey u,, i cant eat a whole burger,, but i can eat sweets like it anit nothing,, i mean some stuff bother me,, but for the most part i can have it..yesterday i wanted some hot fries chips and almost ate the whole bag b4 i knew it..
bunnymorris
on 9/28/04 2:52 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
I order a bunless burger or grilled chicken and eat that. I don't eat the bun because that white bread seems to grow into this wad of dough when I chew (yuck--that's real appealing isn't it).I know--sometimes I think I eat or drink so much but when I go to weigh or measure--I'm always under the 4 ozs. I haven't adjusted my eyes, stomach, etc. to the portions yet I think. Ok--now I'm thinking of a hamburger---head hunger--I'm going to bed! Best to all, Bunny
Debra O.
on 9/28/04 3:14 pm - Chino, CA
I'd just like to know why you guys are even trying to eat cheesebugers and fries. Dont you know that these first few months are critical for your weight loss? You are blowing it by eating junk food. I wouldnt even go into a fast food restaurant if I were you. The only thing fast food I have tried is pintos and cheese from taco bell, and I had someone else buy them for me and bring them home. You were given a tool with this surgery and it seems to me that by doing this you are defeating the purpose of even having this surgery. I'm sorry if Im out of line here, but this really ticks me off. ~Debra
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/04 12:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I view this surgery as a means to portion control, NOT as a way to make myself feel like a freak of nature. There is no harm eating foods in moderation. Isn't that what Weigh****chers bases their program on? Sure, too much sugar makes me dump, and too much fat makes me nauseated. But I'll be damned if I'm going to 100% stick to a diet that never allows me to feel like a normal person. Do I always choose a cheeseburger? HELL NO! Do I always eat fries? NOPE. In fact, this was the first french fry I've had since surgery. Do I eat potatoes regulary? Of course not! I usually pick grilled chicken, lowfat cheeses, and tuna. What ticks me off is when others feel that how they use their tool should be the exact same why I need to use mine. Mine is for portion control...it's ALWAYS been about portion control. 99% of the time, junk food turns me off. But you know what? Eating something taboo that remaining 1% of the time doesn't make my tool any less useful. It's still calories in versus calories out. I can't speak for anyone else, but the whole reason I had this surgery was so that I could live a NORMAL life and not be so focused on food. So if some of us eat a cheeseburger, there's no reason for YOU to get ticked off...use your tool your way, we'll use it our way. Sorry if I'm being really mean, but you and Nancy REALLY struck a nerve with this one!
IrishIze
on 9/29/04 11:28 am - NJ
Pamela, as I said in my post all of us are free to do whatever we want, and that I was not trying to be judgemental, but I was trying to be supportive and helpful. I have always considered us July babies to be 'in this together'. If this was an AA group and people were talking about just having one drink or hanging out in a bar, I would tell them that I didn't think it was healthy or helpful to their recovery. I'm sorry if I ticked you off by saying something that I considered helpful. Hugs, Nancy -50
TweedyBird
on 9/30/04 12:05 pm - Somewhere, AR
Ticks you off? We are all human. And if you had that much self control, then why did you have the surgery to begin with? This board is suppose to be a place you can share your good choices and bad ones. Some weeks I feel like the poster child for the surgery, other weeks I feel helpless. You are right, this is a tool....but the human psychie is complex and ever changing. Our minds will still have to work hard to maintain and live with this self-impossed physical behavior modification. We had surgery on our tummy's...not our minds.
C J.
on 9/28/04 5:05 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Lisa..I haven't tried a hamburger yet! So I don't know, but probably not. I've had problems with food getting stuck so I've been afraid that a burger would be too dry.... Also, I'm still only able to about 2 ozs at a time and I still haven't tried bread...maybe someday... CJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views