Loss & can't see a difference?

houstondoll
on 9/25/04 5:34 pm - Houston, TX
I am just wondering if any of you have experienced what I have.... I can't really see much of the weight loss- I noticed my face, neck, hands and feet becoming smaller but nothing else. I have been able to put on smaller outfits but when I look at the photos I took- I look pretty much the same.... Am I alone?????? How much did you lose before you noticed a significant loss?
bunnymorris
on 9/25/04 5:48 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hi, I'm like you. I saw my hands,feet, face, etc. but I didn't really see it till I was walking up to a glass door and for a minute didn't realize "That's me!!!!".So it's now sinking in how much I've started losing even though I knew the clothes were getting smaller. I've lost about 44 lbs. I also have hit a plateau. Two-three weeks now. I'm ready for a change. I know I'm doing the right things but did realize one little difference. I was drinking diet lemonade (drive through place) and found out through nutritional info that it did have sugars and carbs. Not too many but could be hindering the scales. I wonder if stress makes you stall out? My 89 year old dad is not doing well so I've been back and forth to the hospital. He's a little better but...well day to day at 89. Sorry for the long post! Up in the midddle of the night...my sweet husband snores!!!! Take care, Bunny
IrishIze
on 9/25/04 10:09 pm - NJ
Bunny, I found myself stalling for over a week too. I made an effort to up my calories, protein and water, and now I'm losing almost a pound a day!! I find on the days that I don't get in at least 550 cals and 70 protein, I don't lose. (Yes, my new indulgence is weighing every day!!). I also walk 3-4 miles a day (split over morning and evening walks). Hope you're dad is better soon..... Hugs, Nancy -48
IrishIze
on 9/25/04 10:05 pm - NJ
When I went back to work I had lost 40 lbs. and guess what - no one noticed!! It kind of got me down, but when I thought about it, I noticed it and I felt so much better!! I'm now down 48 lbs. and a couple of people have mentioned it, and I can certainly see it in myself. I'm mostly in the same clothes, but the change is that they are loose on me - boy I must have really been straining at the seams 48 lbs. ago!! Hang in there - if you're wearing smaller outfits, you're shrinking!! Hugs, Nancy -48 277/229/150
Mattie
on 9/26/04 10:08 am - West Allis, WI
Nancy- They may have noticed, but been afraid to say something. My students comment all the time, but only one co-worker has said anything (and that was just last week). I just keep reminding myself that this is a great change and enjoying the looser clothes! Good luck on your journey. M
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/04 1:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm down 42lbs (maybe a few more), but I have noticed absolutely no difference, except that my fat apron seems to stick out from my sides more than it used to (which means my torso MUST have shrunk). I still look like a blob, feel like a blob, and I am STILL wearing the same clothes I was before. My mom says that she can tell I've lost weight, and my husband constantly tells me I've lost weight (in my butt, he can put his arms all the way around me, my clothes are hanging). No one else ever says anything to me about weight loss, except "You're moving around a lot better." Even my in-laws, who see me about once a week, haven't noticed a thing different...and no, it's not because they hate me I had lost weight once before, and I reached 275 before I was able to switch to a smaller size, so I'm guessing I have about 30+lbs to go. Pamela 352/310/135ish
Monna W.
on 9/26/04 4:33 am - Susanville, CA
Years ago I lost 100 lbs (I was much younger and I pretty much starved myself) and I went from a size 28 to 16, but when I looked in the mirror I saw the same body I had when I started. I could look at pictures and see a difference, but mentally I was the same fat person I had been before. I don't know what it will be like when I lose more, but even at 55 lbs lost, I can see a difference in the mirror. I think it is because I am working really hard at mentally visualizing myself at a normal weight. We sometimes have to work harder at changing our mental self-image than we do changing our physical image. If you are losing weight and inches, you will eventually be able to see a change in yourself. Have you had any pictures taken of you since surgery? Compare those. It helps me when I don't see the scale moving. Good luck surgery sister. Monna
C J.
on 9/26/04 7:18 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi HD, I went to visit some family yesterday that I hadn't seen since before my surgery...I've lost 48 pounds...6 pounds shy of half of what I need to lose, and only one aunt said anything....you look like your geting more toned! Of course, they don't know I had surgery. I've gone down from a very tight 18 to a 14 and I'm just looking toned . Oh well, I've noticed that my belly and thighs are smaller and my waist is more defined. My hourglass shape is definetly looking less bottom heavy! CJ 246/198/138
JulieSM
on 9/26/04 8:11 am - Hesperia, CA
Hey girl, gather some before surgery pictures! Then take a picture today, I bet you, if you put those 2 side by side, you will see a HUGE difference. I haven't really seen a big difference in me, UNTIL I saw a picture of me, and took a double take, actually saying out loud...Is that me? I was shocked! So go for it girl, you've made tremendous amount of loss, now take that picture and see for yourself
Shrinking-Violet
on 9/26/04 9:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
I've lost 30 and I could not tell either. I even had my fiance take pictures so I could compare them to my "before" pics. It wasn't until I looked at the side view pics that I could see that my belly has shrunk. My face also looks a little smaller. Other than that I don't see a difference, but I do FEEL it. Very few people have noticed the loss either which is kind of a bummer. I hope it gets more noticible to myself and others around 40 lbs. down! Angela O. 229/199/140 P.S. Stuck on a plateau too! :/ Bah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views