Curves...yay or nay?

AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/24/04 10:12 pm - Oxnard, CA
Hi everyone!!! I have a question. I currently have a membership to my local Y, but I dont like going there because the people just arent friendly, dont really want to take the time to help you....and you usually have to wait for a machine. I've seen that a lot of people go to Curves. Do you like it? Do you feel you get a really good workout there?
Deejay
on 9/25/04 12:13 am - Sparks, NV
I absolutely LOVE curves and go 4 times a week. I get a great workout, the people are very nice and its all women just like me. I highly recommend it!
MinnieMia
on 9/25/04 12:17 am - SC
LOVE IT! I just started a couple of weeks ago...and have lost over 2% body fat! I'm not sore (you're not supposed to be) and it's a real workout for me. It's pretty counterintuitive...you're not supposed to hurt, you only do the machines for 30 seconds, it only takes 30 minutes, etc. I will probably want to switch up for a personal trainer after I get to where I feel I need more but for right now it's absolutely perfect for me. BTW, the machines are resistance machines designed to act like you're working out in water so the workout comes from how fast you go. You go slow you get low resistance, go fast you get more. No weights to change or try to figure out what to use. It's designed for girls. It's been great for me. I feel my body changing after only a coupla weeks. Whatever you do, have fun! MM 262/251/215.4/130
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/25/04 12:22 am - Oxnard, CA
Wow sounds great. I have a bad knee and sounds like it may be the perfect workout!! Do you have to sign up for a certain amount of time?
TJ B.
on 9/25/04 8:01 am - Texarkana, AR
I love curves. Where I go, you can sign up for a year at time and it will cost a little less. otherwise you can pay by the month and they can deduct it from your bank if you want. it doesnt matter how often you go 1 time a wk or 5-6 times a wk. completely up to you. they will also keep up with your wt and your measurements. I really like the part of them keeping up the inches I am losing. good luck tjbrown
IrishIze
on 9/25/04 1:38 am - NJ
A couple of my friends go. One works from home and one is retired, so they go in the morning. I leave my house for work at 7:10 AM, so I wouldn't be able to go until after work. I've sort of been waiting until the weather gets bad to join, because right now I'm walking around 3-4 miles a day and that's keeping me pretty active. My friends love it. Hugs, Nancy -48 277/229/150
dana W.
on 9/25/04 8:37 pm - fort worth, tx
Weather anyone else gets a good work out there means nothing...Did u pay or sign a contract? If u did 1st bring to there attention they way u feel to see if it makes any chngs.. if not then ask for the corp office to see abt getting out of the contract.. What i'm saying is i knw how u feel i cant work out where i'm not comfortable...that's it in a nut shell..and u're right when people or nicer it makes u want to come and then u enjoy it.. My mom always say u dont have to wait all day to give them your money u shldnt have to wait on cu svc.. dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views