Hair Loss

blister
on 9/24/04 9:46 am - Charlotte, NC
Hello my July family. Have any of you experienced hair loss yet? My hair is getting thin already. I am now taking Biotin to stop this. I dont wanna go bald! Susan
joolee
on 9/24/04 9:54 am - Mira Loma, CA
Hello Susan, Yes, I'm experiencing a lot of breakage. You see little pickies of hair all on the top of my head and my hair was already thin to begin with. Currently I'm using a biotin shampoo and conditioner. I bought it at a health food store that sells other health products aside from just food. Try it out and see if it works for you. Also, think about the alternative to loosing your hair is keeping the weight on. I'd rather loose my hair than stay heavy. Don't worry about your hair so much and just make sure that you are taking in enough protein and you'll be fine. Just rest assured that it will grow back. Take care.
Dawn H.
on 9/24/04 11:01 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
Hi everyone .. well I think my hair loss is starting.. I just noticed hairs on my black shirt .. more than usual.. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed LOL but I can always get a wig to get me thru till it comes back! easier to cover my head than try to hide an obese body! Good luck to all
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/04 2:04 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My hair has been falling out for about two weeks. It is coming out at the root. I notice the most hair right after a shower because it's clinging to my skin (ick!), but it falls out all day long. I have a lot of hair to lose, and since I ALWAYS have to get it thinned out at the salon, this is a welcome side effect. It's a shame that it will all grow back!
Monna W.
on 9/24/04 2:23 pm - Susanville, CA
I have not had a problem with hair loss, but my finger nails (also my toe nails) have become so brittle. I have no idea what to do and my daughter who is a cosmotologist has not suggestions. When I put on hand lotion I gently massage my nail beds to stimulate blood flow, but other than that, I have no idea. Like I said, I have not had hair loss, but since my surgery, my naturally wavy hair has become down right curly. Go figure. Monna
IrishIze
on 9/25/04 7:31 am - NJ
Monna, I don't know if it's true or not, but I remember reading a thread about eating more SF Jello to help the nails become harder. Something about the gelatin....might be worth a try! Hugs, Nancy -48 277/229/150
Patima
on 9/24/04 8:03 pm - GA
Someone once recommended Nioxyn. It is a line of hair products designed especially for hair loss. I am 9 weeks post op and haven't started any hair loss yet, but my hair is already very thin. I am going to check Sally's Beauty Supply today to see if I can find it. Otherwise, it may be "wig city" for this gal. Patti
kberkihiser
on 9/28/04 4:41 am - Lancaster, PA
Arrgghhh - I am noticing it too, and ALOT. I will be hitting the store today to look for something to combat it bc I can already see severe thinning at the top of the forehead! ANy one know how long this goes on and how to get it to stop or slow it???? Kristy 306/252/165
ErikaL
on 9/29/04 9:17 am - JAX, FL
Hi Kristy! It's about a 100 day cycle. Then, it should start coming back. Hugs, Erika L
SpyderS
on 9/28/04 11:43 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein, protein. Spyder -55.5
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views