Protein Cookies

Patima
on 9/23/04 8:08 pm - GA
Has anyone tried the Protocookie or Sportscookie? I just got a sample box today and just tried the Chocolate Chip Sportcookie. It is wonderful! It has a cake-like consistency. The stats vary on the different cookies, some up to 13g of protein. I got a sample box containing 9 cookies for $15 (22.94 w/shipping). That's about 2.50 each. I KNOW I have spent more than that on lunch - even on snacks! Nice alternative to toting around protein powder and looking for water, or eating a dried out protein bar. I just had the one cookie and haven't tried the others. But it actually filled me up! If you are interested, I got them from protocookie.com. Yummmmmmm. Patti
IrishIze
on 9/23/04 11:06 pm - NJ
I just checked out the site and the Sportscookies look good, but the Protocookies have lots of sugar, so I'd steer clear of them. I think maybe I'll order the sampler pack of the Sportscookies. Thanks for the link... Hugs, Nancy -47
blister
on 9/24/04 9:33 am - Charlotte, NC
I was gonna order a sample pack but their shipping is too darn high for me. Susan
Adrienne C.
on 9/24/04 12:06 pm - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Patti, Go to www.netrition.com and select the brand "Pure De-Lite". Then scroll down and check out the High Protein, Sugar Free Cookies. They taste great. You can get one cookie for $1.79 or a box of 10 for $16.95. Each is 2.2 ounces and 24 grams of protein. They really are VERY good. I found this site and these cookies and s.f. chocolates when I did Atkins prior to my surgery. The chocolates are incredible - you'd never believe there's no sugar in them. Netrition is a great site and their shipping prices are very reasonable. You can also sign up to receive their weekly specials via email. Good luck! Adrienne
Patima
on 9/24/04 7:55 pm - GA
Thanks, Adrienne. I will have to check it out. I am looking for good "portable" protein without having to mess with shakes and powders. Patti
Patima
on 9/25/04 6:17 am - GA
Wow, I just checked out those cookies and I love the protein count, but....did you know they are extremely high in sugar alcohols? They range from 19 to 24 grams! Patti
Adrienne C.
on 9/25/04 6:33 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Patti, I have been told by my doctor and nutritionist that as long as the sugar "ingredient" is not within the first 3 items on the list of ingredients then it should be okay. If you note the actual sugar content is zero, and the sugar alcohol ingredients are not in the first 3. If you're comfortable with that, give it a try. You can even buy one at a time of a flavor to try them before you spend the money on a box you may not like. Adrienne
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views