Bladder Question

sradcli74
on 9/22/04 11:51 pm
Hi Everyone, I have a question about trips to the bathroom. I am hypertensive and I used to go running to the bathroom almost every 15 minutes before surgery. Now I get my 64oz of water and sometimes more, and I probably make 2 maybe 3 trips to the bathroom during the work day and I never feel that "gotta go" sensation anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal to go so few times although I still take the high blood pressure medicine?
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/23/04 12:36 am - Oxnard, CA
I have noticed that my trips to the bathroom are much fewer!!! And I drink a lot of water!
IrishIze
on 9/23/04 1:33 am - NJ
Me too!! I'm not taking my blood pressure meds anymore ( ), but I have noticed I'm not running the way I used to and when I do go, it sure isn't much!! Hugs, Nancy -46
joniliz2
on 9/23/04 8:49 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
After my surgery my doctor switched me from a dieuretic to a beta blocker..so I wouldn't get dehydrated after surgery. Did they change your BP meds after surgery?? I have been off mine for a month now..and my BP has been normal (under doctors supervision) Joanie
Shrinking-Violet
on 9/23/04 9:31 am - Maricopa, AZ
This is so weird! I was just talking to my Mother about my newly found bladder control the other day. Before surgery I felt like I had the weakest, smallest bladder. I was always going to the bathroom- especially when I would try to get more fluids in. I never drank much water as a pre-op. But now that I am post-op it's like I suddenly have a "SUPER" BLADDER ;) heh. Seriously. I was remarking at how long I can wait without feeling the urge to go and when I do go... excuse the graphicness, it's like I can pee for DAYS! I feel like I pee like a horse now. LOL :D My Mom mentioned that losing some weight has probably helped the bladder because it no longer has so much excess weight pushing down on it. Which makes a lot of sense! Also, the more liquid that you begin to drink, the more that your bladder is able to hold- it stretches over time. Angela O. 229/199/140
JulesC
on 9/23/04 10:06 am - Spring Hill, TN
Yep, I seem to have a "super bladder" now too. I used to have to run to the pottie all the time, but now I can go for almost forever. Must be the weight loss or something. Whatever it is, I am thrilled for it!! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views