need help!!

sammyglo
on 9/22/04 1:36 pm - Hobart, IN
Hi everyone!! i need help or suggestions. i know that i do not get all of my protein. it is soooo hard. so here is my excuse...i work 40 hours per week, i have my internship which is 20 hours per week and i take three classes in school. it is sooo hard to find the time to eat. i do, however, get all my fluids in. what do you all eat to get all your protein? what have you been eating that is really high in protein? thanks for your help!!!
Kathy P.
on 9/22/04 3:47 pm - AZ
tuna fish and peanuts not together. I open a can of tuna fish in the morning and fix the way I want then I munch on it through out the day. Someone else gave me the idea. Then I just snack on peanuts when Im hungery. Good luck finding what works for you. Kathy
Kathy P.
on 9/22/04 3:53 pm - AZ
also I eat string cheese sometimes twice a day love it. Kathy
Dawn H.
on 9/22/04 4:15 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI Gloria What I do to get the protien in .. Breakfast .. Carnation instant breakfast sugar free with Hood carb countdown milk.. and sometimes throw in some designer whea protien powder .. and half a banana .. in the blender YUM Lunch.. Carb countdown yougurt snack cheeze and crackers Dinner ... < i usually have trouble here cause I really have a hard time with meats > so I have soup with chicken makes the chicken tender Snack.. Peanut butter or cheeze maybe some crackers or Carb control icecream bar . water water water all day long now My dr says . " get your protein from food" but i need the shake in the morning to start my day . rny 7\28/04 293/251 -42lbs
C J.
on 9/22/04 5:43 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Gloria..wow what a schedule....You obviously don't have time to cook so here are my easy and portable suggestions... A protein shake morning and evening...I like Egg Whey choclate mixed with NSA CIB chocolate flavor, ice and water (no lactose) or maybe try some of the premixed shakes. Protein bars...you can keep them in purse. backpack etc, there are a lot of flavors and you should be able to find a couple that you like... If you can carry a cooler...string cheese, deli meats, etc. Fast food choices..pintos and cheese, chili. the stuffing from burritos, subway sandwiches (don't waste your money on the lo carb wraps) Good luck! CJ
kberkihiser
on 9/23/04 2:49 am - Lancaster, PA
ok, Here is how I get my protien in. I get Vanilla protien powder (Formula Three by Olympic Labs) It has 25 grams of protien per scoop. I mix in the blender 2 scoops of protien powder, a little ice, frozen strawberries, half a banana and a little orange juice. That gives me 50 grams in one 12 oz shake. Then I just have to fill in the other 25 grams with meats and cheeses and concentrate on getting all my liquids in! Maybe that will help? Kristy 306/256/165 PS I also mix decaf instant coffee, and mixed berry boost breeze. There is alot you can do with it if you get vanilla.
Lalocaweta
on 9/23/04 1:10 pm - Spicewood, TX
Gloria: I don't get in all my protein either... I am a high school counselor - I work about 50 hours a week at school and then another 20 or so a week at home. (YEPH - even the counselors have to work at home - I have to jot down my notes, keep up my spreadsheets of stats, etc.) PLUS - I have a teenage son who has PTSD and HAS to have a lot of attention to keep him from relapsing. PLUS - a wonderful husband who deserves attention. So - I do what I can do... I get in my fluid and about 40 to 45 grams of protein. I can't put much in my tummy in the AM - but I do take 3 tablespoons of concentrated protein (it wins the award for most disgusting taste ever)But it has 18 grams of protein. Then I try to remember to eat lunch and dinner. Then before bed - another 3 tablespoons of protein concentrate... The concentrate is what is saving me - it is gross - but the best I can do for right now! Anne
Towanda S.
on 9/23/04 8:37 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Hi Gloria: My nutritionist told me that protein shake supplementation is a MUST. There simply is no way we can get all the protein in that is required (90 gms for me) and stay at the lower cals. I use Real Meals. It is an efficient whey protein. For 6 oz liquid and 1/2 packet, I get 30 addl gms of protein each day. And, if I choose, I can have another one. I use the Hood Carb Countdown milk to add a bit more protein. With your very busy schedule, it makes sense to rely on the protein shakes. Also, Trader Joe's carries a "greek" yogurt that has lots of protein in it. I get the plain and add splenda. FAGE (Authenitic Greek Yogurt) is the name. One other suggestion... If you can go see a nutritionist, that might help. Getting suggestions, etc. Good luck. Towanda
TJ B.
on 9/24/04 8:41 am - Texarkana, AR
I am using the low carb slim fast drinks. they have 20 grams of protein each. the chocolate royale is the best flavor but they have another chocolate and vanilla and strawberry. they are easily portable. I put them in the freezer till they are almost frozen. then I can wait awhile til i drink them and they are still cold. make sure you get the low carb version of slim fast. the regular only has 10 g of pro.
Vivi *.
on 9/28/04 8:59 pm - clermont, FL
I know what you mean, I work 40 hrs, go to school full time and I am a single mom. I learned that I just have to pack a lunch box for the day before I leve the house... no questions asked... That's our lives from now on. flavia Open RNY 223/190/115
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views