Loosing slowly

Diane C.
on 9/22/04 1:35 am - Colfax, WA
Hi everyone, well I am two months out from surgery and I have lost 35 lbs, I have had some weeks that I have not lost any. I know that I am not getting the proper foods down. The vitamins I was taking now make me sick and they come back so I quit those. Have to find something else. I am also sure that I am not getting enough protein, but I try. I have to force myself to eat as I am not hungry, then things that I think would be good I just can't eat. I have learned the hard way that I better chew it up good and not to swallow anything with chunks. Makes me only want to eat soup as I know I am safe there. Any tips on ways to keep the scale going down at a steady pace would be appreciated. I have now started an exercise routine, just making myself do them is the hard part, when you live alone there is no one to tell you "get with it".
IrishIze
on 9/22/04 3:10 am - NJ
Diane, I feel your pain. I don't have much of an appetite and I also have to be very careful not to eat too fast, etc. I have found that on days when I don't get in at least 500 calories and 50g of protein, I don't lose. I also have to get in at least 36 oz of water. Yesterday I only got in 422 calories and I actually gained a pound!! I am walking about 3-4 miles a day too. When I do it right, I lose about a pound every other day....(yes, I do weigh every day... ) Hugs, Nancy -46
Diane C.
on 9/22/04 6:42 am - Colfax, WA
Thanks Nancy: I had not been told to count my calories or to make sure I got so many grams of protein. The water is hard, I drank that much and more before surgery but now that I cannot take big glups of water, I can only sip it, it is much harder to get down. Oh my I do have some work to do. Thanks again. Diane
Ann M.
on 9/22/04 3:44 am - Norwich, CT
Diane, Here's your "kick in the rear"....Get up off your duff and exercise! Don't wait for someone else to tell you to "get with it!." You want to be sucessful in losing weight and keeping it off...you have to motivate yourself! I lie in bed and moan in the AM....at the thought of getting up and walking 50 minutes-and then I say to myself..."JUST DO IT." And I get up and walk....and I feel sooooooo good and my appetite is good and I get the protein and water I need and I can tolerate my vitamins. And I have lost 57 lbs since July 6th! That's not to say I haven't had days like what you are going through...particularly those days when I had to force myself to eat what I needed to. I think most of us have those days-I still do. But you do what you gotta do.... Put one foot in front of the other, get moving! You'll be pleasantly surprised at the results. Ann 314/257/150
C J.
on 9/22/04 5:30 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Diane....i've had a lot of the same problems...I try to chew everything well and eat slowly...but it's so hard to break old habits. so here's a kick in the tush for you...EXERCISE OR ELSE!!!! And join our daily challenge..todays is to get 64 ozs of fluid in...any fluid.....and you still have to eat..told ya it was a challenge! Hus CJ
joniliz2
on 9/22/04 6:49 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
First of all your weight loss is not that slow. I agree with everyone else, aobut exercising..it will help. I noticed once I increased my protein 70-85g a day...my weight came off quicker. I eat abour 600-700 cal a day. Try it..maybe it will work for you. Oh..and drink water...I find it hard...but today I have had 50oz so far..I am going to meet the Wet Wednesday challange. Hang in there..and good luck! Joanie
dana W.
on 9/22/04 2:38 pm - fort worth, tx
I KNOW THATS RIGHT... its so hard for me to get with the exercise too,,only me and my son,, home and he's asleep when i need to be up getting ready for work early so i cld go to the gym,, but i cant get out of bed..i wish i did have someone to wake me and say come on girl lets get to it.. it wld be so much better,,, i know i gain this weight by myself,, but i wld love help to remove it.. and oh yeah.. i'm only a 35lbs loser too... as of 7/29 i try different days to get all my water in which i never do... then the next day i try to get a least 66 grm of protein which i've done maybe once or twice.. dana good luck boo,, i'm worried and i know u r.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views