Mondays Menu..or what did you eat today?

C J.
on 9/20/04 1:46 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hmmmmm What did I eat today??? Oh yeah, I remember, not much! 1 cup of Kashi with non fat milk... 1/4 c of football dip (ground beef, lite Velveeta, salsa and FF refried beans...yummy) 1 homemade chocolate chip cookie (subbed some of the sugar with Splenda....no one noticed) Definetly not very good...maybe 15 grams of protein....uhhhh...I think I'll go have some more dip... Better day tomorrow! CJ
Debra O.
on 9/20/04 2:15 pm - Chino, CA
Pre Breakfast: 6:30am 20 oz water Vitamins Breakfast:7:30am Isopure zero carb blue Raspberry Protien Drink (yum) 40 grams protien pre snack:20 oz water snack: 10:30am 2 pieces homeade beef jerky..yum yum yum 10 grams protien Lunch: 1:30 pm 1/2 can progresso Lentil soup 5 grams protien Dinner 6:30 pm: 5 bites of homeade chili 4 saltine crackers ? protien I'm drinking another 20 oz of water ask I type. okay how'd I do protien police...lol I figure I had about 60 grams of protien. sounds good to me. ~Debra
C J.
on 9/20/04 4:01 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hey Debra...Sounds like you did really good today with protein and water! I'm jealous...got to get hubby to make me some jerky! CJ
Karen B.
on 9/20/04 2:26 pm - Marshall, MN
Hi all! Today I had: B 1 slice whole wheat brd. 2 tbsp. ham salad L half cup oatmeal w/equal 2 small sausage links D 1 polish sausage 1/4 cup sauerkraut S 1 string cheese Took my vitamins in am before Breakfast also had 32 oz water 8 oz light cranberry juice 8 oz skim milk 2 cups coffee let me know how today went in your opinion. I keep thinking I am not eating right..second guessing myself! Best of luck! Karen
C J.
on 9/20/04 4:03 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
IMO your doing good! You got protein in with every meal and your getting your fluids in! Keep up the good work! By the way...how well does the bread sit? I've been afraid to try any.... Cj
jcordell
on 9/20/04 2:44 pm - TX
Mmmm...chocolate chip cookie....mmmmm...LOL Let's see: Breakfast: Vitamin and 16 oz water Lunch: (1) beef jerky stick (5 oz protein) (.5 oz) Dinner: (2/3) Ultra Lean Pocket (14 g protein) (2.75 oz) Liquid: an additional 32 oz water, plus some diet cranberry and Absolut. Not a lot of food, but it keeps me going. Whenever I feel hungry, I just drink more water. However, I have to say chocolate chip cookies and football dip sound MUCH better. LOL Great job, everyone! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/272/188
C J.
on 9/20/04 4:09 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Yor right Jeff.that cookie was good....now if only I had put protein powder in them....the football dip is good..and relatively healthy since I used lofat Velveeta, ff beans and 94% lean ground beef. and the salsas fat free! But you know Jeff,,,,thats not very much protein for a incredibly shrinking man.. ..19gms...even I did better then that today.....(at least after two servngs of dip). I hope this was a low day...so tomorrow I expect a report saying you got in at least 40 to 60 grams....You hear me??? CJ
bunnymorris
on 9/20/04 2:45 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Let's see...Breakfast was 2oz. lowcarb SF yogurt with 6 fresh raspberries Lunch 2 oz. chopped steak (Luby's) spinach and gr. beans Snack 2 saltines with peanut butter Dinner same as lunch only I think only 1-2 oz. ch. steak (full) Snack 1 oz of turkey pepperoni slices I think I eat so much but I guess not. I do drink the nectar drink with 23gr. of protein most days. I have been stuck for about 5-6 days. Maybe I need more protein too. I'm already walking and started resistance excerises last week (2x a week). How do you figure the protein count on meat ( pocket reference book?) especially if you go out? Thanks, Bunny -43, 2 months out on the 22nd of Sept.
C J.
on 9/20/04 4:18 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Bunny, I figure the protein count using Netzers Food Count Book. And I estimate portions as best I can...I figure its not rocket science so if I'm off alittle...oh well. According to that you got in around 45g of protein from food and another 23 from the necter...I think you win the protein game! Looks like you had a terrific day! It wouldn't hurt to increase your protein and your calories to jumpstart the weight loss...we have such highly efficient bodies that won't let us lose unless they think they are getting fed enough. CJ
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/04 11:15 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
B~1oz string cheese wrapped in 1oz turkey slices with a splash of chipolte mayo. L~1/4 cup of trail mix and 3/4 of a PB+J sandwich (a little too much...made my stomach hurt) S~1 oz pretzels D~1/2 Subway 6-inch tuna and 1/2 bag of Baked Lays I had close to 50g of protein, which is my target. I should NOT have had the pretzels, as I am not supposed to snack. Also, I ate too much for lunch, and was naseous for quite some time. Plus, the PB+J had too many calories for the amount of protein, so that's not a very good choice for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views