I'm Tubeless!

Patima
on 9/20/04 11:12 am - GA
It's gone! My G-tube is gone! No more extra appendages! No more...oh Gawd, now I have to taste everything! No more cheating! I can handle it, it is worth it just to have it gone. Now I can sleep on my tummy again!!! Dr. Appel really fooled me when he took it out. He told me to take a deep breath and tell him when I was ready to pull it out. He said "it will look like this when it comes out" and he showed me the end of a tube. I said "Ok". Then I looked at him and he started laughing. He had already taken it out!!! I was expecting to feel something! I keep rubbing my tummy, it feels funny not to have something there!!! I lost another 11 pounds, for a total of 43 pounds in 8 weeks. He did tell me that I really have to work at keeping my fluids up. Guess I will be one of those that really has to stay on top of it. Also, I need to quit being scared and try to eat solids. Guess I am being a weenie, but I'm afraid of getting something stuck. I just looked at the handout and was looking at what I could try. So, for supper tonight I am going to have......a protein shake! I know, I'm so chicken I could lay my own eggs, right? Had lunch on the way home...Taco Bell pintos and cheese with no sauce! Yummy, and protein! Hey, I can't remember the last time I got lunch for 84 cents! Good thing I keep change in the ashtray of the truck! Oh, by the way, not only is tomorrow my 8 week anniversary for my surgery....it is also 8 weeks since I've had a cigarette! Uh-oh, I'm rambling. Better go! Patti
beverly T.
on 9/20/04 11:37 am - pahokee, FL
congrats!!!...glad to hear your tube finally came out...i would have went crazy if i had to have my G-tube in for 8 weeks....3 weeks nearly killed me.lol and also congratulations on NO SMOKING.....wish i could say the same....i started back the day i got home from the hospital
C J.
on 9/20/04 1:39 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Patti...WTG on losing the tube...progress is being made. Congrats on the weight loss....43 pounds is terrific.... As for being brave with foods....you have my permission to go slowly..at whatever pace feels comfy....just get your protein an fluids in. Congrats on the quitting smoking...thats a hard habit to break! CJ
Debra O.
on 9/20/04 2:07 pm - Chino, CA
What is this G tube that everyone is taking about? I never had any tube at all, and i healed up great. Shoot I was taking a shower on day 3 after surgery. Is this tube thing necessary? Sounds like a PITB to me. ~Debra
jcordell
on 9/20/04 2:55 pm - TX
Oh my HECK! I had my tube in for 9 days, and it was KILLING ME! Especially draining the disgusting thing! I am so happy that you finally got it out! But, mine really felt gross when the doc pulled it...it felt like he was pulling my guts out! Also, WAY TO GO on the smoking! That is way too cool! You're just kickin butt all the way around! I'm very proud of you! Best of luck on your continued success! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/272/188
IrishIze
on 9/21/04 12:07 am - NJ
Ding-Dong the G-tube's gone!! Hooray for you Patti!! I had a drainage tube but the doc took that out after day 2. Is the G-tube for feeding? Go at your own pace as far as eating. Make sure you eat slowly and chew really, really well. That's what always gets me - I have that old tendency to gobble. Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit about 3.5 years ago and I still get urges, but I feel so much better without them. Keep up the good work!! Hugs, Nancy -46
Patima
on 9/21/04 12:25 am - GA
Yes, the G-tube was in my "old" stomach. It was used as a feeding tube and to supplement liquids when I couldn't get them in. It was both a pain and a blessing to have it in so long. But it did feel wonderful to be able to sleep on my tummy last night!!! Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views