Anyone else eating like a pig? r maybe hog?

dana W.
on 9/20/04 11:00 am - fort worth, tx
Today have been 1 of those days for me.. this morning i had a fruit cup.,,for lunch i had an egg from jack in the box,,i had a mini slim jim...a quarters worth of m&m's...1 bite of a payday..and a 1/4 cup of bean's with meat and cornbread... then got home and had 2 sauguage links.. what up? why i'm i so hungry? is it me r have anyone else felt this? help looking for answers. dana
Shrinking-Violet
on 9/20/04 11:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
I had a day like that over the weekend. It felt like I was back in the kitchen looking for something to eat every hour on the hour! The items I chose to "snack" on were all protein choices, so I didn't feel that bad. Plus I had a hard time keeping a lot of it down. But I know exactly what you're saying. I felt so RAVENOUS that day! I felt like I wanted to just eat and eat and eat. But I'm about to start my period any day now- so I attribute it to that. Is it that T.O.M. for you too? As far as what you had today I wouldn't say you ate like a hog or anything! Maybe you could have done without the M&M's and bite of the Payday but other than that it sounds good to me.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/04 11:48 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Dana, I've had several days like that this past couple of weeks. But then, I've had days where I've forgotten to eat breakfast or lunch, too. Just make sure that you are eating high protein foods, and do your best to determine whether you are suffering from head hunger or physical hunger. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference! Also, if you haven't checked it out already, go to fitday.com. You can log in the foods you eat and you can see just how much protein you're getting, and how many calories you take in. I don't worry so much about calories...my average is 800 a day, although I've been as high as 1000 and as low as 500. Fitday will give you an idea of whether or not you are REALLY eating too much. Sometimes it seems like more than it ends up being. Pamela 352/310/135ish
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/04 1:04 pm - Somewhere Else
You could be feeling so hungry because you're filling up with carbs. M & Ms, Payday and corn bread...all loaded with carbs. When you ingest carbs your body wants more.... Be careful with the amount of carbs you get in a day...they're not the enemy...but they sure can drag you down if you get too many. Load up on proteins. Take care of yourself...and don't let the sugarbug win Linda
C J.
on 9/20/04 1:26 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hey Dana, I think we all have days were we just feel hungry. I don't think you ate too much...the M&M's and the payday weren't the best choices but also not the worst you could have done. Do you think not having any protein at breakfast had anything to do with it? I skipped my shake yesterday and ate alot more carbs then I normally do. (Oink) CJ
jcordell
on 9/20/04 3:00 pm - TX
Dana, you are a brave soul! M/M and payday? I would be terrified of dumping! But yes, I know the feeling. A week ago I had a day where it seemed like all I did was eat. In retrospect, the entire day's food was less than what a "normal" meal would have been pre-op, but still I felt guilty. Just make sure to load up on protein first, because carbs go through quicker and can actually leave you hungry for more carbs. Good luck with your continued success! And don't worry, we're only human! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/272/188
Kathy P.
on 9/21/04 2:27 am - AZ
I had that day yesterday doritos where my enemy about 6 of them but then I discovered that my period had started which I had not had for 6 months. I think and hope it was just cravings because of that. Good luck kathy
Marcy B.
on 9/21/04 2:42 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I can relate completely. Just because they operated on our stomach didn't mean they operated on our brain. We still have that propensity to reach for the foods that did us in to begin with. First I applaud your honesty. I tend to not want to fess up when I have made poor choices- Like eating over the sink....it doesn't count!! Carbs are definitely a challenge for me and daily I promise myself I will avoid them - not the good stuff- the munchy crunchy garbage. I was doing very very well, following all of the rules, and then I started to get very discouraged because according to this website- I am losing very very slowly. At my highest weight 6 months ago I was approx 370- I am now at about 326- . Presurgically my weight the day before was 354- so I have only shown a relatively small loss as of the last time I weighed in which was 10 days ago. For some odd reason the pounds are not showing up on the scale but I have lost over 30 inches- and my clothes are getting much looser. So its a very big challenge for me not to get discouraged and start eating like a pig because I am frustrated and am not seeing the results so therefore I think I am entitled to eat whatever I want. ( Even though I think that way thankfully the food nazi I call my pouch certainly lets me know otherwise) I have not braved sugar yet- though I can tolerate most other things especially chicken, fish, beef which I understand are very hard for some people to eat. I am rambling here- but one of the things I do when I start grazing is to make up a thick liquid protein shake with milk and yogurt and protein powder in the blender- its thick, sweet, cold and yummy- takes a long time to drink and will definitely keep you full for a while. Good luck.....Also for your sweet tooth try Advantage ( Atkins) Protein Bars especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter- 21 grams of protein- and helps with chocolate and sweet tooth cravings. Marcy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views