this is what i ate today

beverly T.
on 9/20/04 10:38 am - pahokee, FL
i weighed 295.5 on the day before surgery, and i've been afraid that i havent been losing weight fast enough....i realize i didnt put all this weight on over night and it wont come off over night...i just had so much hope that i would have lost alot more weight by now, because athough it's only been about 7 weeks...its seems like alot longer....as of today i weigh 254lbs....some ppl say thats great but i feel somewhat discouraged.....there are also time that i feel hungry, even though my dr. said i wouldnt feel hungry for at least 6 months after surgery....and i also feel like my pouch is able to hold alot more then other ppl who had the surgery around the same time i did. is it just me, or do other ppl feel this way also?....heres a run down of what i ate today breakfast....a peice of deli ham rolled in a slice of cheese lunch.....6 ritz crackers topped with squeezable cheese havent had dinner yet...but the cheese and crackers tasted great..so i may do more of them....it's very seldom that food taste good to me. i drink alot of tea...sweetened with sweet and low throughout the day do u think i'm doin something wrong?? i know i maybe shouldnt be eatin crackers.....but i cannot stomach all protein.
dana W.
on 9/20/04 11:04 am - fort worth, tx
plz read my post of eating like a pig,,, u felt u didnt eat enough? darn all day i ate and ate,,, whats up with that,, and on the day of surgery i weighed 268 now i weigh 234 not much at all when a friend of mines at work lost 42lbs the 1st month,, so whats really going on.. if u know something tell me
C J.
on 9/20/04 1:35 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Okay Dana...samething to you...Don't compare your lose to others...you won't be happy...your weight loss in not dependent on how much I lose or gain. We all gain and lose at different rates...work at getting your protein up and your calories up and get positive about what you have done...34 pounds since surgery is WONDERFUL!!! Try telling yourself you are doing great...cuz you are...and the weight is going to keep coming offf and the inches and the sizes are getting smaller and our BP's are getting lower so is our cholesteral and in a year we're all going to be healthy and thin! CJ
C J.
on 9/20/04 1:32 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
IMHO it sounds like you need more protein and more calories. Are you drinking a protein shake? or the Carb Countdown? Try to increase your calories and your carbs and your weight loss should increase...not that the 41 pounds you've lost is anything to sneeze at! You are doing great. Another piece of advice>>quit compaqring your weight loss to others. Comparisons only make us unhappy...(Why did she lose more????) We alll gain and lose at our rate and it is not related to how others do.....Try to look at your loss in a positive light....WOW I've lost 41 pounds since surgery...isn't that terrific?? I've never lost that amount before so quickly...and I know I'm going to keep on losin" HUGS.. CJ
jcordell
on 9/20/04 3:07 pm - TX
Hi Beverly! First of all, you're doing AWESOME! Second of all, you may not be eating ENOUGH, especially of protein. I was shocked the other day when I ordered a bean burrito and ate half of it at work, and when I got home, I weighed the second half. SEVEN OUNCES! So that means my "4 oz pouch" held 7 oz. at lunch! I felt like such a dumass! I ate until I was satisfied, and didn't feel stuffed or anything--making me wonder if my pouch is stretched out! But then today, 2.75 oz of food and I feel full. I think it just takes time to get used to this crazy new tummy of ours! I wish you every success in your continued journey! And keep up the great work! You are doing PHENOMINALLY WELL! Your WLS Bro, -Jeff
beverly T.
on 9/21/04 10:09 am - pahokee, FL
awwwww..thank you to all of u for your encouraging words, and you're right i shouldnt compare my weight loss to that of other peoples, but it's so hard not too....although i hate protein shakes, i have increased my protein today i did the cracker and cheese thing again for breakfast.....didnt eat lunch, but fried some porkchops and fries for the family for dinner....i was able to eat a half of a medium sized porkchop, and 3 french fries.....and i felt pretty darn good afterwards..lol, thanx again
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views