2 1/2 months out (7-7-04) doing great :-)

Vicki Tobergte
on 9/19/04 1:28 pm - Independence, KY
I had my surgery on 7-7 and I've lost 61pds I'm doing pretty well. Having some of the same issues as the rest of you having a hard time getting my 64 oz of water. ( but I found something thats helped me out Wamart has a drink called "First Harvest" its no sugar added & 0 carbs and it comes in peach, cherry,lemonade etc..,it over by the waters)hope that helps some. Has anyone tried carb solutions protein bars they are not to bad and have like 24 g of protein. I'm tring to find a good tasting ready made protein shake any ideas?? thanks guys, have an great week hugs Vicki 347/286/140
Debra O.
on 9/19/04 2:45 pm - Chino, CA
I have to tell you, i wasted so much money on the powdered protien shake mixes...They all taste so yucky to me. I found something that is so great. At GNC they make a drink it comes in a glass bottle...single seving size Its called isopure zero carb, its already pre mixed and it tastes like drinking gatorade. Comes in great flavors too...my fav is the apple melon they have a alpine punch one, mango peach, blue raspberry, and more. And heres the kicker. One 20oz bottle has 40 grams of protien. plus they are high in calcium and potassium too. I will never buy anything else again. i swear. You guys gotta try it. They are a little pricy, but to me sooo worth it. I think they are like $3.00 a bottle. ~Debra Lap RNY 7-14-04 270/223/140
jcordell
on 9/19/04 4:54 pm - TX
Wow Vicki, you ARE doing great! We are surgery twins! I had my Lap RNY on 7/7/4. Weight loss is going well. I'm down 68 pounds. Still have some trouble with food staying down, but it is getting better. SlimFast makes a pretty good protein shake. I think it has like 20 grams protein and 3 net carbs. If it's really cold, it tastes pretty good. I've tried the vanilla and the chocolate, and they are not bad at all. Good luck with your continued weight loss! Keep smiling and keep the faith! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/272/188 44% to goal
joniliz2
on 9/20/04 12:03 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Vicki, I swear by my carbcountdown milk (dairy beverage)! I mixed the skimmed and chocolate and add GNC designer whey protein pwder (1/3 sccop)for 30 gm total of protein....I find the choc alone to be too chalky, but adding the skimmed really cuts it..and adds less calories. I do a 16 oz shake..so I can add that to my liquid total. I know the weight has come off faster since doing this. Congratultions on your weight loss! Joanie 46 lbs gone since 7/2/04
Tara118
on 9/20/04 12:18 am - Trenton, OH
I agree with the Slim Fast shake. It has to be the low carb one. I like vanilla and creamy chocolate. They are 1g suger and 20g protein. Congrats on your great weight loss!! Tara 305/260/170
IrishIze
on 9/20/04 2:14 am - NJ
I've read (on the main board) that our bodies can't absorb more than 30g of protein in a certain amount of time, so drinking a 40 or 50 g protein drink doesn't really give you that much protein. Has anyone else heard that? I mix 8 oz of Carb Countdown yogurt smoothie with a scoop of Isopure 0 Carb banana pineapple powder for 34g of protein and only 4 carbs. I split it out and drink half in the morning and half in the evening. I try and get the rest from foods (although I do struggle!). I also have a very tough time getting in my liquids. I'm lucky if I get 40 oz of fluids a day.... I drink something that sounds similar to First Harvest. It is called Fruit Refreshers and they are sold in 1 liter bottles. I get it in my local grocery store and have also seen it at Kmart. You can get Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Cherry Limeade, Peach and Cranberry. There are no calories, no fat, no carbs, no caffeine and it is sweetened with Splenda. I mix it half and half with my water and I find it much easier to drink - sometimes water doesn't sit well in my pouch. Hugs, Nancy
GailD
on 9/20/04 3:17 am - Racine, WI
Hi Vicki: If you like coffee, my favorite ready-made protein drink is EAS Myoplex Carmel Cafe'. I buy it at GNC in a four-pack. It has 150 cals. and 25 gms of protein. It also has 125 gms. of caffeine! It tastes like a cold latte...or EXACTLY like a Starbuck's Frappachino! I love it and I have one every day! Gail D. 252/222/?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views