Salads or no salads?

sarahmartinez2409
on 9/19/04 7:44 am - Modesto, CA
I have a question last time I saw my Pa;he told me to stay away from veggies,and fruits.This was because of all the natural carbs,they have.I am wanting a green salad,so very badly.The thing is how bad are they for you? My RNY Lap was on 7/30/04. I am 7 weeks post op.How long do I have to wait for a green salad?Or can I cheat my self,into believing they are not bad for me?Any info will be helpful.Oh by the way I am a slow loser. 278/247.Thanks. Sarah
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/19/04 10:17 am - Oxnard, CA
Sarah... My doctor says you need a good salad every once in awhile. And fruit too. I try to have it all. I asked my doc, low carb or low fat? And they said low fat. Low carb usually means high fat. So I just try to stay balanced and eat my protein first. And it must be working, I've never been constipated or anything.
sammyglo
on 9/19/04 1:49 pm - Hobart, IN
i have had salad and fruit and have had no problems. if you want to feel better about eating the salad, pile it with cheese and meats (like turkey or chicken) or a hard boiled egg. these are high in protein and very good on a salad. good luck and congratulations on your weight loss. you are doing great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views