What did you eat today...Thursday

C J.
on 9/16/04 6:46 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi all, I don't get home from work till after midnight tonight. But I wanted to get this started. What did you eat today? Wha sat wel in your tummy? How did you do with getting calories and protein? I'm already doing better then yesterday 1 scrmbled egg with cheese...13 gm protein and 190 calories. I'm going to drink a shake on my way to work (50 gms and 276 calories) and have ravioloi with meat sauce for dinner (12 gms protein and 300 calories) Total planned 75 grams protein and about 750 calories. I'm also going to try for a snack...not sure what yet but high in protein. Okay...someone beat my numbers! CJ 246/201/138
Debra O.
on 9/16/04 3:00 pm - Chino, CA
I had a great day Pre Breakfast=20oz. water & Vitamins Breakfast= Isopure Zero Carb 40grams protien 20oz. water Lunch=1 oz tuna with 1tbls mayo & 4 ritz crackers (yeah it stayed down too) 8grams protien Snack=1/2 Protien Bar 11 grams protien 20 oz water Dinner=inside of a Del Taco Combo Burrito (Well most of it) 8 grams protien 20 oz water Totals 67 grams of protien 80 oz of water
C J.
on 9/16/04 5:19 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
You really had a good day! You beat me on the water...I think I got about 50 ozs...I'll have to try harder tomorrow! CJ
IrishIze
on 9/16/04 10:48 pm - NJ
I didn't do very well yesterday. I started off good, but tried tuna and it got stuck and then it's no more for the rest of the day....not even fluids! Here's what I had: AM- 6 oz. Carb Countdown Smoothie with Isopure 0 carb powder Lunch - 3T cottage cheese with a bit of salad dressing; jello FF SF white chocolate pudding 1/4 cup snack - 1/4 of an Atkins protein bar Dinner - Lean Cuisine Roasted Turkey and Vegetables (ate all of the turkey and about 6 green beans) Snack - tuna salad on cracker (didn't sit well, that was it. Got the white foamies and the pain. I had hoped to get in another protein drink or Liquid Protein, but couldn't) Totals: 385 calories, 10fat, 30 carbs (ugh), 48 protein (ugh). I also have a tough time getting in fluids and wasn't able to drink after the tuna, so I only got 32 oz yesterday (actually, that's a good day for me). I'm hoping today will be better - I left the tuna salad at home - guess what the doggies will eat tonight??? Hugs, Nancy -44
C J.
on 9/17/04 4:54 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Nancy, for you this looks like a good day!! I hate it when something gets stuck...it ruins the rest of the day for eating.. Cj
DEBI
on 9/17/04 4:48 am - Indianapolis, IN
OK...here goes. I am not doing very well... Breakfast: 2 slices of bacon pint of milk Lunch: Cooked cabbage with onions (1/2 cup) Snack: Peanuts Dinner: about 1/2 cup of chicken/pasta dish at O'Charley's Totals: Carlories 600 Protein 32 (bad bad bad) Liquids: about 50 oz 296/256/140 PS.....way to go on your 45 pounds CJ!!!!!
C J.
on 9/17/04 4:57 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Thanks Deborah, and look at you ...40 pounds gone! You did pretty good yesterday....protein at lunch would have made it a little better, you needed some corn beef with that cabbage...yum... CJ
joniliz2
on 9/17/04 6:15 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I like this thread! Its nice to see what others are eating? Does everyone drink a shake with that much protein. I was told our bodies can only absoarb 30 at a time..not sure what "at a time" means..because I guess 50g over an hr is fine. OK..no more rambles..here is what ate today B-eggwhite cooked with broc and cheese 12 g protein L-protein drink30 g D-Shepards pie 1 cup 17g of protein S-half of a large detour bar 15g protein Total 74 g of protein...Fluid intake is only 32 oz.>I better get to it! Joanie
C J.
on 9/17/04 6:48 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Joanie...I like this thread too! Gives me ideas on what to eat. As for the protein absorption..I, too, have heard that we can only absorb 30 gms at a time. But, no one can trace that back to an original source. Tooter ha been looking for an original source for quite some tme and so have I. I kinda wonder if this is one of those "urban rumors" that got started by somebody quoting someone and it gets turned into gospel. I look at it like this..if we could injest 50 gms of protein in 1 minute we most likely couldn't absorb it all. It takes me 1 to 2 hours to drink my shake.....25 gms and hour.. no one has defined how long "at a time" is. I figure this is enough time for our bodies to absorb the protein. After all, we already know our bodies are highly efficient at keeping weight on, why wouldn't it be efficeint in protein absorbtion? CJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views