7 wks out- only down 28 lbs. :/

Shrinking-Violet
on 9/16/04 6:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
I had surgery on 07/28/04. I started off at 229 lbs. It's been 7 weeks and I have only lost 28 lbs. I am really concerned because I feel that I can eat A LOT of food now. Suddenly & miraculously within the past week I can tolerate pretty much anything I put in my pouch, whereas just one week ago I was vomiting nearly every day. I am tracking my food on FitDay. Here is the link: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=chunkeemunkee Do you think I'm eating too much? Maybe having too many carbs or too much sodium? I actually had gained 1lb. this morning when I got on the scale to weigh :/ I have been getting in approx. 75oz. of water daily and around 60-80 grams of protein per day. I am however- NOT exercising. You have no idea how much I hate to exercise. I haaaaaate it! I do keep myself very active up until I fall asleep every night by cleaning and doing chores around the house. I never used to keep my house as clean as it is now! Before surgery I was such a lug, I used to stuff myself silly with dinner and then go LAY DOWN and watch tv all night long. So I am way more active than I ever used to be, but I can't seem to commit to doing actual exercise every night after work. I just seem to be losing sooooo very slowly and my surgeon even seems disappointed with my slow loss. Is the exercise the key here? I mean I still feel I am not eating enough to not be losing and to actually be gaining! Angela O. 07/28/04 229/201/140
C J.
on 9/16/04 6:58 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Angelaaaaaa....you answered your own question, girlfriend! You have to exercise! You diet seems okay, but housework and putzing around does not raise your heartbeat and get the fat to burning. an anology I used earlier...your surgeon built you a nice fire pit and started the fire burning...we have to keep the fire fed by eating right and we have to stir up the coals to burn hotter by exercising. So, it's up to you...find an exercise you can deal with or accept a very slow weight loss with a lot of plataeus. A few ideas for exercise: Take the dog for a walk...don't have a dog? Adopt one. Dogs need to be walked twice a day....built in requirement to exercise. Put the kid in the stroller and go for a walk. Grab hubby by the hand and take a romanticly brisk walk followed up by some brisk s..... Buy some small weight (2 and 4 pound) and lift weights while watching a TV show. Check out the huge numbers of workout videos and find one or two that appeal or get an exercise bike or treadmill or Gazelle Good luck hun...you will find something you like and who knows, might even begin to enjoy it! CJ 246/201/138
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/04 10:29 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
No offense meant, but you started as a lightweight. Of COURSE you aren't going to lose massive amounts of weight in two months. I started out at 352, and by week 8, I was down 29lbs. If you go by the percentage of your excess weight lost, you're WAY ahead where I was. You have to keep these things in perspective. It's supposed to take anywhere from 6 months to 18 months to reach goal. You're already at the 200-lb mark...you don't have much further to go, really. You'll get there, but you have to be patient. And you have to exercise!!!
Shrinking-Violet
on 9/17/04 1:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks ladies, you are right! #1.) I am not being patient and #2.) I have to get off my keister and exercise. I realize that putzing around the house is not enough! Thanks for the reality-check Angela O. 07/28/04 229/200/140
GailD
on 9/17/04 4:40 am - Racine, WI
Hi Angela, Thought you would like to know that we share a surgery date and I am only down 29 lbs! My start weight was 252. I have been kind of frustrated, too! I can't say that exercise is the answer since I work-out EVERY DAY at Curves (except Sundays...they're closed). I do a 2 mile walk on Sundays. I posted a similar note to yours on the main message board earlier this week. One person responded that they've seen a lot of people frustrated with slow weight loss at this point in our progress...but he said it seems that at about 3 months your body wakes up and starts losing. He thinks it has something to do with your body readjusting to the new way of working. Makes sense to me! Honestly, I think we're doing okay at a slower weight loss. It's frustrating, but at least it's consistent. I didn't have a chance to look at your profile, so I don't know how old you are...but I'm 50 years old and haven't been able to lose any weight for a couple of years. Hang in there! I know it'll come off! Gail D. 252/223/?
dana W.
on 9/19/04 7:15 am - fort worth, tx
I KNOW WHAT U MEAN I HAD MY SURGERY ON 7/29/04 AND WAS 268 NOW I'M 234 - 35LBS GONE ,, BUT LIKE U I CAN EAT ANYTHING .. AND I ONLY DID LIQUIDS THE FIRST WK AFT THAT I WAS EATING REG FOODS,, JUST NOT MUCH AND STILL NOT MUCH,, BUT I FEEL LIKE I'M JUST SNACKING, SNACKING , SNACKING, BUT OF COURSE ITS ONLY 3-4 BITES AND THEN FULL.. FRI WAS THE 1ST DAY I CLD EAT MORE,, I STOP AT A MEX. RESTURANT AND GOT CASO AND SAUCE DIPS...WITH CHIPS AND HELL I WAS EATING THE H_LL OUT OOF IT.. I DO EXERCISE R HAD STARTED BUT NOW MY KNEES R BOTHERING ME,, BUT I THINK THAT WAS THE KEY TO MY LOSING MORE WEIGHT,,, THE DOCTOR THOUGHT I WAS DOING GOOD,, I FEEL LIKE I'M BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAD THE SURGERY WITH THEM LOSING 40LG AND 50 LBS.. DANA
dana W.
on 9/19/04 7:15 am - fort worth, tx
I KNOW WHAT U MEAN I HAD MY SURGERY ON 7/29/04 AND WAS 268 NOW I'M 234 - 35LBS GONE ,, BUT LIKE U I CAN EAT ANYTHING .. AND I ONLY DID LIQUIDS THE FIRST WK AFT THAT I WAS EATING REG FOODS,, JUST NOT MUCH AND STILL NOT MUCH,, BUT I FEEL LIKE I'M JUST SNACKING, SNACKING , SNACKING, BUT OF COURSE ITS ONLY 3-4 BITES AND THEN FULL.. FRI WAS THE 1ST DAY I CLD EAT MORE,, I STOP AT A MEX. RESTURANT AND GOT CASO AND SAUCE DIPS...WITH CHIPS AND HELL I WAS EATING THE H_LL OUT OOF IT.. I DO EXERCISE R HAD STARTED BUT NOW MY KNEES R BOTHERING ME,, BUT I THINK THAT WAS THE KEY TO MY LOSING MORE WEIGHT,,, THE DOCTOR THOUGHT I WAS DOING GOOD,, I FEEL LIKE I'M BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAD THE SURGERY WITH THEM LOSING 40LG AND 50 LBS.. DANA
sarahmartinez2409
on 9/19/04 7:16 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Angela; My surgery date was 7/30/04.We are around the same time.Don't get too depressed.I started at 278,and down to 247.I have lost 31 pounds.It seems like it is taking forever.However,my clothes are fitting very loosely.Hence,I am loosing the inches,and not the pounds.How do your clothes fit? I don't exercise on a vigorous routine;I do hoever go walking for at least an 1 hour a day.I also watch my carb intakes.Alot of the weight you carry might also be water retention.It took me a long time to realize this.You are doing good,keep up the good work.I am proud of you.Take Care,lots of hugs.. Sarah M
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views