10 Wks-anyone else still sore?

MinnieMia
on 9/16/04 5:52 am - SC
Okay, maybe I've overdone it or something...or maybe it's perfectly normal...you tell me. I still have quite a bit of soreness/tenderness around my open (not lap) incision...anyone else? I'm holding my tummy again when I sneeze and I haven't done that in over a month. I mentioned it to my doc and he didn't seem concerned but I'm tired of the hurting... It's been hurting for about 2 weeks. I went to Curves last Friday and got the tour and it hurt after that and I went away for the weekend and walked a lot and it hurt then and I did Curves for real last night. I know I could have some muscle soreness from that but this started before any of those things. Am I just weird...again?!? Thanks! MM Surg Date 7/13/04 262/251/219/130
Irene S.
on 9/16/04 11:23 am - NJ
Sounds like a pulled muscle. Take it easy and let it heal. I'm seven weeks out and have no pain at all, unless I press against my incision with something hard, like a counter top, say. irene
Heather M.
on 9/16/04 11:32 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Alot of that is from your muscles rebuilding. Since you had it open, as did I, sometimes we forget that the cut through our stomach muscles. You should be completely healed but I would still take it kinda easy. As you exercise your muscles will build back up and the soreness will go away. Think of it this way. Say you had both of your arms in full casts for 3 months. When they took the casts off your arms at first you would probably be sore just from doing normal activities due the the atrophy in you muscles. Then think of how sore they would be if you dropped and did 25 push-ups. I think you're doing a great job and good for you for getting out there and excercising (better then me, my incision is still open and draining. Yuck!) and before you know it you'll be a lean mean healthy machine. Hope I've been of some help. Heather 238/202/130
SpyderS
on 9/19/04 5:41 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Minnie, I was July 14, and my incesion feels fine. No tenderness there at all. My surgeon did say that I should not excerise fully until 8-9 weeks have passed. Particularily excerises that involve pushing out, or pulling in. I don't want a hernia, and that can do it. He told me to relax and take it very easy the first 4 weeks and that's exactly what I did. However, I do feel like something is thumping against something else BEHIND my incesion. Oh I know it sounds nutz, but it feels like something is rubbing against something else. I went to my surgeon, he says there is nothing insode of me that can hurt anything else by rubbing against it. So, I gotta listen to him, although it is weird. You know, if you still have concerns that your surgeon's answers do nopt soothe, go back and express your concerns again. YOU are the best judge of what is right and possibly wrong. INSIST! I hope you feel better soon, and keep us updated. Spyder One day at a time 357/305.5 (-51.5 pounds)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views