Has your weight loss S-L-O-W-E-D?

IrishIze
on 9/15/04 11:17 pm - NJ
I did so well the first few weeks after surgery. I was losing about a pound a day and it was great!! Now, I'm lucky if I'm losing a pound a week!! I was doing better on Weigh****chers! I spoke to my surgeon and he said I have to look at the whole picture, not the weekly one. How about the rest of you July babies? Are you losing on a regular basis? How many calories are you getting in a day? AND, I'm sorry to ask, how often do you move your bowels? I was only going about 1x a week - I didn't feel constipated, but I thought it was strange. I finally took some Milk of Magnesia, and that moved things along a bit. I'm averaging about 400-500 a day and about 60g protein. What about you? Hugs, Nancy -43
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/04 11:23 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My loss was very slow the first month, but as time goes on, it speeds up. My first month out, I was down 13, by two months I was down 29. Now, I'm just over 2 months, and am down 41 (although I gained four back that MUST be water weight!). Everyone is different, I suppose... I get in between 600 and 100 calories, with an average of 800. I get between 50 and 60g of protein. I go to the bathroom once a day. It's really kind of nice... Pamela 352/311/135ish
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/04 1:26 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Nancy...hope you're doing better these days. The norm is for the first couple of weeks to be a fast loss...mostly water that we're dumping. Then it will usually slow some. Myself, I'm still averaging 2-5 pounds a week, as opposed to the 1.5 pound per day for the first 2 weeks. *knock on wood* I have yet to have a week without a loss. I would say on the average day I might get in about 600-700 calories...still only 1-1.5 litres of water...and maybe about 50-60 grams of protein. As for BMs...well...there is no average for that, LOL. Sometimes I need MOMs help...and I always feel plugged up ... but I know it will get better. As of yesterday, I am down 47.5 pounds...(that's according to home scale weights from surgery till yesterday)...Needless to say, I'm happy as a pig in..... (Then again...I look forward to my dr's next weigh-in...maybe I'll see him in Dec.) Take care.. Linda
Janette
on 9/16/04 1:56 am - Peoria, AZ
I lost @ 1# a day initially...down 62# total...but the last few weeks(I weigh daily in the am) it flucuates alot....ie: tomm I could gain 2 than lose 3 the next day or no change for a couple days. I average 500-600 calories a day...drink 1-2 protein drinks averaging 40-50gms of protein. My water intake is only fair but I eat 1-2 bowls of "snowcones" a day with crystal lite sso that adds up...
Ann M.
on 9/16/04 2:14 am - Norwich, CT
My initial loss was tremendous...then it slowed down a bit. Right now I'm averaging 3.3lbs a week-according to my FitDay. I wasn't getting much calories during the time that it slowed down...so my body was probably going into "starvation mode" and protecting itself by slowing my metabolism way down. Now I'm getting 800-900 calories a day-sometimes up to 1200...and I'm losing more regularly. I have daily BMs....once a week would KILL ME! Ann 314/262/150
Gina F
on 9/16/04 5:50 am - Belton, TX
Nancy, Glad to know you're able to keep things down these days. 60 g of protein daily is great! You're actually ahead of me in weight loss, so I should be asking YOU what to do better. LOL I've found that at least one week a month I really don't lose. I'm guessing that has to do with hormones. The other weeks, I lose from 2 to 5 and I tend to do better when I keep carbs at bay. Lowfat crackers are evil for me! I can eat way too many, so I just stay away. How are you doing with your liquids? You're doing awesome! Hugz, Gina F. 266/228/175
C J.
on 9/16/04 6:16 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi all, I've noticed a very definite trend with my weight loss pattern. On days when I get 700+calories I lose on days when I dont, I don't. My analogy for this is....we have surgery and the surgeon prepares a nice big fire pit....and starts the fire. It's up to us to keep the fire stoked by eating the fuel needed to burn the fat. Otherwise the flames go out and the weight loss stops. Yesterday, as you can see in the post below, i had lousy intake and I lost nothing when I got on the scale today. I had been eating well for several days before and had been losing a half to a pound a day. So todays goal..to gt my nutrition up so I can lose 2 more pounds and make my first goal of weighing less then 200. CJ
Lalocaweta
on 9/16/04 6:29 am - Spicewood, TX
I hit a plateau about a month ago - and the scale stuck at 225. About 2 weeks ago - it suddenly cleared and I have been losing about 5 to 7 pounds a week!!! I am averaging - if lucky - 400 calories a day and about 45 grams of protein.... I think that all of us are different and you have to try and figure out your own body.... My goal was to hit 200 pounds by October 2 (my birthday) and I am pretty sure I will get there...Which makes me want to ... I all ready weigh less then I did when I met my wonderful husband 3 years ago.... Anne -50
alli E.
on 9/16/04 9:55 am - CA
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First 6 days post op i lost 16 lbs! Nothing has met that! I have lost 31 lbs in first month and then only about 10 in the 2nd month. I am happy with this though although I hope it keeps going and will reach my goal within a year. I have lost a total of 41 lbs as of today and 40.8 inches........... 256/225/215/135ish (hopefully) 2 month post op -41lbs
houstondoll
on 9/16/04 1:12 pm - Houston, TX
I think ... I am toooo slow... I hit a plateau three weeks ago and it finally started to budge (1 pound day for 3 days) and then stuck again. I increased my protein (BM daily for two days) since surgery I have gone maybe once a week....if that...... too much info I am 9 weeks out... lost 18 the first week, 10 the second, and well... th e stopped then... its been slllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwww ever since. -41
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views