So what did you eat Wednesday?

C J.
on 9/15/04 4:59 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi groupies...I've noticed a common theme and think we can help eac other. We all seem to be having a hard time getting in enough protein and calories and we all would like ideas on what to eat. I know they do this on the main board and on the Cali board but I think it would be helpful to post here. My intake was lousy today since I didn't drink my shake.. 1 protein bar 15 gms 220 calories 1/2 cup chili with cheese 18gms protein 250 calories Todays total 33 protein and 470 calories...not a very good day, nutrition wise...I'm going to try for a high pro snack before I go to bed. So how well did you do? CJ
Dawn H.
on 9/15/04 7:56 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
ok here goes wednesdays menu LOL B 1oz cheeze S carnation instant breakfast with carb countdown milk L 1oz cheeze and 2 crackers sn 4oz hood yogurt S few bites of turkey few bites of string beans I didnt calculate protien and stuff this was actually a really good day for me usually i eat less and woke up this morning 3lbs lighter? could be a fluke but who knows.. Dawn
ileanak
on 9/15/04 10:22 pm - San Antonio, TX
Here goes: 6 oz non-fat milk 1 pkg carnation instant breakfast (no sugar) .5 scoop whey protein ......shake/all combined....190cal, 24 prot, 22 carbs 6 oz Low sodium V-8........ 37.5cal, 0 prot, 8.3 carbs .5 oz Low-fat Jarlsberg cheese.....35 cal, 4.5 prot, .4 carbs 3 oz turkey w/ tomato (home made) ..138 cal, 17.3 prot, 3.8 carbs .5 oz Low-fat Jarlsberg cheese.....35 cal, 4.5 prot, .4 carbs 3 oz tuna salad (homemade).... 131 cals, 23 prot, .3 carbs 2 oz brocolli.................16 cals, 1.6 prot, 2.8 carbs Total: 583 cals, 74 prot, 39 carbs Good day for protein (I usually get in 55-60 g of protein) I am, however losing VERY slowly. Good Luck Everyone!
Lalocaweta
on 9/16/04 12:02 pm - Spicewood, TX
I am not a good person to use if you are seeking positive examples... B - 3 tablespoons concentrated protein (18 grams protein) L - Lean Hot Pocket w/ egg, cheese, and bacon (8 grams protein) S - Nuts D - Chicken w/ mozarella cheese and little homemade marinra sauce Guessing I got about 40 grams of protein....Got in all my water. About 500 calories... I had to force myself to eat either of those meals. I do even worse on days I work.... A
Leslie A.
on 9/17/04 5:14 am - Windsor Locks, CT
It really helps to know that so many of us share the same challenges. I worry non-stop all the time about getting enough protein, liquids and food. I am so tired of it. Yesterday, I did terrible on protein...I got up very lightheaded and wobbly today so I'm paying for it. AM - 4 bites of a yukky protein bar Lunch - Progresso Low Fat Chicken Noodle soup - this is loaded with chicken and carrots so I ate as much as I could of that and just a few noodles. I maybe had about 2 oz. Dinner - 1/4 thin hamburger patty. (first time for meat and handled it with no problem.) I use Isopure for my protein drink and I screwed up my schedule drinking it so I maybe got only 20 grams plus whatever was in the food. Today is a bit better - AM I had a 1/2 slice bacon and about an ounce of scrambled egg. I know I should not do bacon but I did it for the protein. PM - Detour Protein Bar (I can only eat 1/2) I have had about 20 grams of protein so far today - still have 1/2 an Isopure left. Don't know what I'll have tonight. I usually have to FORCE myself to eat at night. Leslie.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views