Who woulda thunk it? My Dr was right!

Traci72
on 9/15/04 1:34 pm - Hastings, MN
Went in for my endoscopy yesterday and told my surgeon prior to the procedure, that I didn't think he was going to find anything. That I thought it must be/had to be a psycologicial thing. He told me to wait and see, and that he was sure we'd find the cause of my eating/drinking problems. Glad I didn't bet him! The opening at the bottom of grouchy pouch was only 3mm! That explains why I couldn't eat and drinking was so difficult. He was able to dilate the opening to 10mm, and shortly after that I was able to drink my 1st NORMAL drink since prior to surgery!!! I even ate a REAL dinner tonite! (carrots, green beans, 2 bites of a wild ricee meatball, and some egg noodles w/stroganoff-type gravy on them) Dr. L said that about 95% of people that have a stricture dilated, won't have to do it again, 5% do. I'm hoping for the 95%!! Thanks again to everyone for your support and positive thoughts!!
Preacherlady
on 9/15/04 1:44 pm - Grove City, OH
Wow! Glad you got that taken care of. I'll bet you feel like a new woman!! Blessings, Ruth in Ohio
C J.
on 9/15/04 2:30 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
hey Traci, terrific news! Bet you really enjoyed dinner! CJ
IrishIze
on 9/15/04 11:00 pm - NJ
Traci, I'm so glad you were able to have it dilated!! They couldn't do mine, but that's a whole other story!! Hoping you're in the 95%!! Hugs, Nancy -43
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views