What are you eating 8 weeks out???

Sherry Sonson
on 9/15/04 8:40 am - Valdese, NC
I am bored right now, and cant think of a thing to eat, any ideas
Irene S.
on 9/15/04 9:20 am - NJ
I missed the crunch of salads, and I had my first one on Monday. Then I had it again on Tuesday for lunch and dinner. I had chili for lunch today. I pretty much try to eat a lot of different things. My doc keeps us on liquids for 1 week and then we move to soft proteins, but he doesn't want us to puree anything. We get to add foods as we feel ready. So I'll try pretty much anything, since I was always an adventureous eater. irene
jenniferwheeler
on 9/15/04 11:45 am - PA
Hi Sherry, I had surgery on 7/7/04 and I have been eating a lot of lean pockets (They are made by hot pockets) they are low in fat and high in protein. I usually can not eat a whole one but I pick at it. I also have been eating Protein bars. The brand I have been eating is called zone perfect. They are very good and have many different flavors. My fav. flavors are chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint. Very good and 16 grams of protein in each bar. Hope that helps a little Jen
bunnymorris
on 9/15/04 1:16 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
the only thing I haven't moved to is raw vegetables, nuts, etc. Still afraid to try that for now. I'm lucky--meat, fish, most anything is going down ok. I went out to dinner tonight. I ordered boiled shrimp appetizer. I ate 4 and asked for a doggie bag. The waiter looked like..."What!" I said--stomach surgery --it's ok. He was very nice and came back with my shrimp rearranged on a lettuce leaf with new lemon. He made it look nice for "tomorrow's meal". If my head says "hmmmm I don't know---I back off and wait" Better than getting sick. I have lots of time--I'll try later! Enjoy! Bunny
Preacherlady
on 9/15/04 1:43 pm - Grove City, OH
I'm 6 weeks out and try new things...at home in case they don't do well... Scrambled eggs still don't work well though eggs cooked other ways seem to be OK..go figure. Tuna, Manwhich (without the bread), refried beans, deli lunchmeat like turkey, roast beef sliced really thin, string cheese, bean soup, chili, broiled fish, yogurt, cottage cheese... I'm still careful about what I eat though. I haven't really tried whole cuts of meat like roast, steak or chops. Chicken is touch and go, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Hope this helps! Blessings, Ruth in Ohio
IrishIze
on 9/15/04 10:57 pm - NJ
I've been having a lot of trouble with things staying down or even sitting well. I can eat turkey ham and alpine lace reduced fat swiss cut up small - I usually have that for lunch. Get this, last night my sons wanted pizza, so I got Domino's thin crust mushroom. I was able to eat two slices! It was a 12" pie and they cut it into 2.5"x3" squares, so it wasn't that much, and on the second piece I only ate the topping. I checked out the Domino's website so I could enter it on Fitday.com and it was 206 cal, 11 fat, 21 carb, 8 protein....not the best and I wouldn't eat it every day, but it's the first time in 9 weeks that I've gone over 500 calories!! Maybe it will shake things up and I'll start to lose again. I also had a Lean Cuisine meal - roasted garlic chicken. I was able to eat the chicken, didn't eat the creamed spinach. They have come out with some lower carb stuff, so I have a few of them in the house. The only thing I don't like about them is the high sodium content. Hugs, Nancy -43
Sherry Sonson
on 9/16/04 4:33 am - Valdese, NC
Thanks everyone, I will try different things, some of which you all suggested. God Bless, Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views