Protein without Drinks....

houstondoll
on 9/15/04 1:44 am - Houston, TX
If anyone out there has a plan of getting in 70g of protein without drinks or bars PLEASE let me know...... HELP HELP HELP..... ALSO.. If anyone has any suggestions on breaking plateaus please send it..... I lose 1-2 pounds and then go on 2 week or more plateaus.... I CAN EAT almost anything (low in sugar ) but I feel like a little pig...like I am eating too much and thats why I can't lose... I am only 9 weeks out and have lost 40 pounds.... I had lost : 18 week 1, 10 week 2, then its just a 2 here 1 there gain of 1 gain of 3 and nothing nothing nothing..... I need help here..... THANK YOU
Heather M.
on 9/15/04 2:31 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
I wish I could help you but I'm in the same boat as you. Ughhhhh! I have to force myself to eat a protein bar or drink a protein drink. Yuck! Heather
IrishIze
on 9/15/04 2:40 am - NJ
My weight loss has really slowed down too - but at least I'm losing a pound or two a week. I have a problem eating and never get in more than 500 calories a day, but still the weight isn't coming off - I don't quite understand it. I have used the GNC Liquid Protein. It is a fruity flavored syrupy kind of thing. 3 Tablespoons = 18g of protein. I usually do 2 oz a day for a supplement of 27g of protein. It doesn't taste great, but 2 oz is a lot easier to get down than 6 or 8 oz. of a protein drink!! Hang in there - we're all in this together and we'll all get through and be healthy and slim!! Right????? Hugs, Nancy
houstondoll
on 9/15/04 4:15 am - Houston, TX
...Do you ever feel like you won't ever get there? When I look at the " I lost 50 pounds in 3 weeks" or " lets weigh-in" and your not exactly where some of the other AMOS family are.... does it sort of heart your feelings .... I am trying so hard to look at it positively (like maybe I won't sag too much)... But at times I think---oh my gosh, what if this doesn't work for me either.......
MinnieMia
on 9/15/04 5:10 am - SC
I have yet to be able to stomach a protein drink. I just don't want sweet stuff. Soooo...I use carb countdown milk. It's 12g protein per 8 oz and i use the fat free so no fat. I drink 2-3 cups a day and it helps because I have a real tough time getting liquids in, too. I eat lots of shrimp, tuna, scallops, chicken and the like. If I HAVE to I use a Detour bar (tastes just like Baby Ruth to me) or a Snickers Low Carb Marathon bar. They're the only ones that don't taste gross or make me feel icky. Not that I'm a model for anyone, I am a seriously slow loser myself...only about 32# since 7/13 but just a couple of suggestions...are you measuring your food? I measure, eat as dense protein as I can and make sure I eat 2-4 oz every 2 1/2-3 hours... You know what they say...just because you CAN eat it doesn't mean you should... I think you're doing *fabulously* at 40 pounds down! My plateau came in week 3 and I plateaued for about 3 1/2 weeks...I was so depressed! I kicked up my walking (now doing the Walk away the pounds 2 mile video 5-7 days a week) and have joined Curves. If you can get it down (hurts me!) water helps tremendously! Congrats on your great successes! MM
Heather M.
on 9/15/04 6:20 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Minnie - Where do you buy the detour bars at and how much protein is in them? I would love something that tasted like a baby ruth, lol. Thanks, Heather
Kathy P.
on 9/15/04 11:22 am - AZ
I brought them at costco for 12 it was 16.99. Ive seen them at gnc for about 1.39 Kathy
MinnieMia
on 9/15/04 10:13 pm - SC
Heather I got mine at Kroger on sale for $1.00...my friend in Kansas City MO buys his at WalMart but I can't find 'em there... Here are the vital stats: Calories 170 Total Fat 6g Sat Fat 2.5g Ttl Carbs 14g Fiber 2g Sugars 5g Protein 15g Calcium 75mg If you're really sensitive to sugar the 5g might be troublesome but I have not had any trouble yet. They're chocolate over peanuts, caramel and something "nougaty" like a baby ruth. I really like them. They must be really popular because there are TONS of knockoffs (U-Turn, OtherWay, TurnAround) and to me they were just nasty! Hope you find one to try! They do help me in a pinch. M
DEBI
on 9/15/04 5:28 am - Indianapolis, IN
I made a nice high protein dish this past weekend. I browned some ground chuck.....rinsed it off with ho****er to remove the fat.....then I added a can of pinto beans, can of diced peeled tomatoes, one sweet onion and some seasonings...(i used worstershire sauce) and it was yummy. This is a very high protein dish and it is low fat and sugar. It is tasty and add a 12 oz glass of milk to a half cup serving and you have about 20 grams of protein. Make sure you drink the milk 30 minutes before or after the meal....I find that eating high protein foods eliminates the need to try to find the protein supplements. So I go for meat and beans before anything else when I think of eating....I can get the vitamins and minerals I get from veggies in my Flintstone chewables...so I go for the protein foods. Also, don't "graze"...that is when you eat small amounts all day long. Sit down and eat 3 normal meals a day. And make sure you measure to get in enough at each setting. I am at 7 weeks and I have trouble eating all 3 meals. I have to remind myself. I have yet to begin exercising and thats my next step...to begin a walking program...I am at 40 pounds lost in 7 weeks and I was feeling it was slow too. Good luck to you.
C J.
on 9/15/04 6:34 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Try looking at it like this...you are averaging 4 pounds per week! thats pretty awesome! Everything I've read on breaking plateaus, say to go back to basics. So: Are you getting your fluid in? Are you measuring your food? Are you exercising? Getting your protein? Try eating a high protein snack every 2 to 3 hours, like 2 ozs tuna, 2 ozs chicken.an egg or whatever. Check out the Atkins website and the recipe board on this sit for high protein snacks Personnally, I think you and all of us are doing great. We are losing, feeling better, getting off meds and making ourselves healthier. WE WILL REACH GOAL!!! The only problem is we want it NOW! Keep up te good work gang...we are making progress ....and we are wonderful! CJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views